Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete me.com account

Hi all.

that is a nightmare.

I am trying to delete my me.com or change it, in vain!. I have followed the instructions given over here. went to this page: https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/ in order to manage my apple id. I have deleted my me.com email address from the list of existed emails i had. And it disappeared from the list of Accounts in my Settings-Mail, Contacts, Calendars as well, luckily, i thought.

But why on earth it is still there as an alternate email address, why after deletion i can still log in under this email into icloud.com ? And why the **** i still receive mails on that my me.com email????

I followed these instuctions: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5621?viewlocale=en_US and created a new alternate icloud.com email address. but when i go to the page mentioned above in order to manage my ID and want to add alternate email address it doesnt let me adding it, saying that the newly created alternate address is incorrect!

What the F...

I just want to get rid of my me.com address once and forever and live happily ever after.

HOW on earth to do that......

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME TO DELETE MY ME.COM ACCOUNT!

i dont mind even to create a new Apple Account without losing all the data if thats the only solution.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 11:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 11:38 PM

You cannot change or delete an @me or @icloud account once it has been created. All you can do is stop using it.

4 replies

Sep 5, 2013 11:56 PM in response to ios decipher

check this out. Here i am trying to delete my me.com email address which i've been using as an alternate one.

User uploaded file

Ok, Delete address. Deleted and it disappeared from the list of alternates below.

And woah. here it is again in alternates.

so all the rest of alternate addresses have been deleted. but this one is not. And you say its impossible right? even after that? Moreover... another question is why i can not add a newly created icloud.com address which is shown in my Iphone account, but whenever i try to add it over here, it says the email is incorrect.

User uploaded file

Oct 28, 2013 9:44 PM in response to ios decipher

ios decipher Australia

You cannot change or delete an @me or @icloud account once it has been created. All you can do is stop using it.

--

So far in my adventures, that statement is true. It is disappointing, however, that Apple blocks users from controlling their ID's. Apple does many things well, but oversteps/missteps here.

Nov 1, 2013 4:05 PM in response to alina andreevna

I was struggling with a similar issue in that I was having no luck deleting an old xxx@me.com email address that kept popping up as my Apple ID even though my current, preferred, and "correct" Apple ID is xxx@gmail.com.

My solution, which may or may not be relevant for anyone else, was to tweak Apple's Mail program, which I've come to view as being to OS X Mavericks what Internet Explorer once was to Windows until the Department of Justice stepped in. Not suggesting there's an "anti-trust" action here vs. Apple but I do think Mail is similarly sneakily integrated into OS X, particularly as iCloud has gained stature throughout Apple's ecosystem.

When I tried to delete the @me account in Mail I was redirected by OS X Mavericks to Internet Accounts in System Preferences, where I deleted iCloud. Then I went back in Mail to create a "new" iCloud account using the Apple ID that, according to appleid.apple.com, already was my Apple ID. This aspect still mystifies me. You'd think Apple would be smart enough to see me, through the serial numbers of my various devices, as me. I had to go in, brute force as it were, and manually delete a "dead" account and then re-establsh a "live" one. But as others have written elsewhere, once an Apple ID is established, it's not the easiest thing in the world to get rid of.

how to delete me.com account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.