Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant download apps because Itunes keeps asking me to verify account info. Does anyone have a work around?

Everytime I try to download an App, it says I have to verify my account information to continue. I have tried verifing, reentering, changing credit card, and changing shipping address. Everytime I input my credit card info and press enter it gos back to account info screen and say to call support. When I call support, the tell me that It might be something with shipping address. No help AT ALL. Does anyone know a work around for this?

iPhone 4

Posted on Sep 8, 2013 12:27 AM

95 replies

Mar 18, 2017 3:57 PM in response to cantujoe31

Im having a similar problem. I just bought an ipod and created a appleid. When i try to sign into itunes & the app store, it tells me "this appleid has not used before. please review your info" so i do, and it doesn't log me in afterwards. Contacted apple and they were useless as always. Have tried everything on this forum, any other suggestions?

Apr 25, 2017 11:13 AM in response to cantujoe31

Has any of the brilliant minds at Apple replied to this issue yet. I am getting SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick and tired of every little thing I try to do in an Apple environment requiring 50 updates and 50 levels of verification. I am SOOOOOOOOOOO close to switching to Samsung and Android that it's not even funny. If I can't resolve this particular issue without having to call up Apple and spend a zillion minutes on something that should not be an issue then I am giving up on Apple. Steve Jobs must be rolling in his grave!!!

May 27, 2017 1:51 PM in response to Cheyovoxo

There are normally some hoops you can jump through as you create your iTunes account that workaround the need for a payment card or bank account, otherwise once the account is set up the iTunes Store may still expect you to provide one, even if you are obtaining free content, which you can later remove. If you don't have or want to use a credit/debit card at this time you can try this method using iTunes on a computer...

1. Enable the menu bar if needed with Ctrl+B (only applies to some builds of iTunes 12 for Windows)
  2. Sign out of the iTunes Store from the Store/Account item on the menu bar
  3. Go to Music > iTunes Store home page
  4. Go to Quick Links > Redeem
  5. Sign in with your Apple ID
  6. Go through the screens, accepting the EULA, etc. You should arrive at a Review Payment screen where one of the options is None - select this and continue. You shouldn't actually need to redeem a new voucher/card.

It is worth noting that one of the functions of the registration is to prove you have a valid billing address in the region whose store you are trying to use. You might also have difficulty selecting None as an option if you have any active subscriptions (see View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support), an outstanding debit balance to the iTunes Store, there are unreleased authorization holds on the card (see About payment card authorization holds in the iTunes Store - Apple Support) or you are trying to switch to one regional store while being in a different region. See If you can't choose None when you edit your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support for more.

tt2

Jul 22, 2017 3:31 AM in response to Carlcervantes_31

There are normally some hoops you can jump through as you create your iTunes account that workaround the need for a payment card or bank account, otherwise once the account is set up the iTunes Store may still expect you to provide one, even if you are obtaining free content, which you can later remove. If you don't have or want to use a credit/debit card at this time you can try this method using iTunes on a computer...

1. Enable the menu bar if needed with Ctrl+B (only applies to some builds of iTunes 12 for Windows)
  2. Sign out of the iTunes Store from the Store/Account item on the menu bar
  3. Go to Music > iTunes Store home page
  4. Go to Quick Links > Redeem
  5. Sign in with your Apple ID
  6. Go through the screens, accepting the EULA, etc. You should arrive at a Review Payment screen where one of the options is None - select this and continue. You shouldn't actually need to redeem a new voucher/card.

It is worth noting that one of the functions of the registration is to prove you have a valid billing address in the region whose store you are trying to use. You might also have difficulty selecting None as an option if you have any active subscriptions (see View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support), an outstanding debit balance to the iTunes Store, there are unreleased authorization holds on the card (see About payment card authorization holds in the iTunes Store - Apple Support) or you are trying to switch to one regional store while being in a different region. See If you can't choose None when you edit your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support for more.

tt2

Sep 5, 2017 7:14 AM in response to Nivaldo Veiga

There are normally some hoops you can jump through as you create your iTunes account that workaround the need for a payment card or bank account, otherwise once the account is set up the iTunes Store may still expect you to provide one, even if you are obtaining free content or updates, which you can later remove. If you don't have or want to use a credit/debit card at this time you can try this method using iTunes on a computer...

1. Sign out of the iTunes Store from the Store/Account item on the menu bar
  2. Go to Music > iTunes Store home page
  3. Go to Quick Links > Redeem
  4. Sign in with your Apple ID
  5. Go through the screens, accepting the EULA, etc. You should arrive at a Review Payment screen where one of the options is None - select this and continue. You shouldn't actually need to redeem a new voucher/card.

It is worth noting that one of the functions of the registration is to prove you have a valid billing address in the region whose store you are trying to use. You might also have difficulty selecting None as an option if you have any active subscriptions (see View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support), an outstanding debit balance to the iTunes Store, there are unreleased authorization holds on the card (see About payment card authorization holds in the iTunes Store - Apple Support) or you are trying to switch to one regional store while being in a different region. See If you can't choose None when you edit your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support and Payment methods that you can use in the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store - Apple Supportfor more details.

tt2

Nov 10, 2017 11:18 AM in response to mcolangelo1

There are normally some hoops you can jump through as you create your iTunes account that workaround the need for a payment card or bank account, otherwise once the account is set up the iTunes Store may still expect you to provide one, even if you are obtaining free content or updates, which you can later remove. If you don't have or want to use a credit/debit card at this time you can try this method using iTunes on a computer...

1. Sign out of the iTunes Store from the Store/Account item on the menu bar
  2. Go to Music > iTunes Store home page
  3. Go to Quick Links > Redeem
  4. Sign in with your Apple ID
  5. Go through the screens, accepting the EULA, etc. You should arrive at a Review Payment screen where one of the options is None - select this and continue. You shouldn't actually need to redeem a new voucher/card.

It is worth noting that one of the functions of the registration is to prove you have a valid billing address in the region whose store you are trying to use. You might also have difficulty selecting None as an option if you have any active subscriptions (see View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support), an outstanding debit balance to the iTunes Store, there are unreleased authorization holds on the card (see About payment card authorization holds in the iTunes Store - Apple Support) or you are trying to switch to one regional store while being in a different region. See If you can't choose None when you edit your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support and Payment methods that you can use in the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store - Apple Support for more details.

tt2

Jan 16, 2017 9:50 AM in response to Beenaaaa

If your card is being declined, then you need to speak to your bank. Declined is a result sent back to iTunes from the card issuer when it pings them. Free or not, you have to have a valid payment method or None on your payment info. If you have a card, it is going to be checked.

If you don't see a None option, then see this support article about what to do:

If you can't choose None when you edit your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

Cheers,

GB

Apr 25, 2017 9:04 PM in response to ZippyO

ZippyO wrote:

Has any of the brilliant minds at Apple replied to this issue yet.

The brilliant minds at Apple do not reply on this forum. This is a user to user technical support forum.

ZippyO wrote:

If I can't resolve this particular issue without having to call up Apple and spend a zillion minutes on something that should not be an issue then I am giving up on Apple. Steve Jobs must be rolling in his grave!!!

Well, it appears that you can't resolve this particular issue without having to call up Apple: iTunes Support WorldWide and for all you know, they may be able to get you fixed up more quickly than it took you to write your post....you won't know until you try, and complaining is certainly not going to magically fix the issue.

And, seriously, the Steve Jobs bit is really getting hackneyed.....

GB

Jun 12, 2017 4:40 PM in response to Kristoff8800

Since multiple problems have been posted on this thread, and since the OP posted their problem almost 4 years ago, and since there have been several suggestions in this thread for resolving said problems, it would be a good idea to read what already has been offered to see if any of the solutions will work for your problem.

If they don't then post back, state what you are specifically experiencing, and what you have tried already, and we will see what we can do to help.

GB

Jul 22, 2017 8:43 AM in response to lisafromfrederick

OK, so try the following:

1. Open your iTunes account on your computer, go to View My Account, scroll to the bottom of the account page, and click the Reset button next to the sentence "Reset all warnings for buying and downloading"

2. Put all of your credit card information in again including your name and address. Make sure that that the name and address you are putting in there matches the name and address on your credit card account. Put in your CVV code and then click Done

3. Now try to purchase again. If you get the a pop-up asking you to click on an option to verify something, click on that option, type in the CVV number again (if that is needed), and then continue. Don't stop the flow - just go with it to the very end to see if you can get to the point where your purchase will go though.

Cheers,

GB

Jul 23, 2017 7:39 AM in response to Brittbrattbee

I tried doing your method a few times, but it didn't work. This started a few weeks ago when I took this gift card off my account (because I used it all) then changed it to none, and it started asking "verification required" since.since I don't have the family thing I don't really know what to do, the billing address and everything is correct, the method you suggested and about everyone else is recommending this is not working for me. Do you know the problem?

Jul 26, 2017 12:09 PM in response to cantujoe31

Same Its Pretty Upsetting to be quite honest since this is my first iPhone i tried using a gift-card i had gotten spent the right amount and now i tried doing the none option tried signing out and yet nothing works and now this is just frustrating because i cant do anything until that's solved and ive read a few replies here and there but yet nothing

Aug 4, 2017 5:24 AM in response to KingEnZo2002

I had a problem, it wouldn't let me do my details in the settings app. When I tried downloading apps it would say verification needed, but my details were right and when I had bought stuff from the App Store I made sure I had the right amount of money, so it couldn't of been an issue with payment errors. Everytime I'd do my details in the settings app it would say invalid payment method or something along those lines anyway. I decided to login into my iCloud online. (You can do this on your phone/iPad, as well as pc) I did my payment details online instead, then went back and downloaded an app and it worked fine. The verification warning had gone. I hope this helps anyone who reads

Cant download apps because Itunes keeps asking me to verify account info. Does anyone have a work around?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.