Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer voice memos into my iTunes account?

I have voice memos on my iPhone, but they don't show up on my computer in my iTunes account. I don't want to sync because I'm afraid I'll lose them. How can I get them to show up, or load them into my iTunes account?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.4, trying to sync with my new MacBook

Posted on Sep 9, 2013 8:12 PM

19 replies

Jun 4, 2017 5:07 AM in response to Chanelle1s

I tried all the options above, with no success. I have an iPhone 6 and I record my kids' live performances via voice memo but like to create a playlist to listen to them later (voice memos over bluetooth in the car are of poor quality). I finally found the right answer here: https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-download-an-iPhone-voice-memo-as-a-song-in-my-mus ic-How-do-I-do-this

1. Dock your iPhone via USB

2. Click the name of your iPhone under Devices in the left column

3. Click the Music tab

4. Click the checkbox for Include voice memos

5. Sync your device

6. Your files will appear under a new Voice Memos playlist

7. You can right-click on a memo to perform advanced tasks or gain access to the actual audio file.

Now right-click on the memo you want, select "Get info".

In the "Get info" window under the "options" menu you will find "voice memo" selected as "Media kind". Change it to "Music" so that voice memo will be transferred to music library with your other songs. Then sync iPhone with music library and you will find it on your iPhone in music app.

Thanks to Mikir Patel!

Sep 10, 2017 2:37 PM in response to Chanelle1s

If you want to have your voice memos added to iCloud so that you can create a playlist in iTunes/Apple Music with them that is synced on all your iCloud devices, I've finally figured it out!

1. Get the voice memo into iTunes (I downloaded them from Dropbox, opened them in iTunes on my computer).

2. Convert them from m4a to AAC in iTunes (File> Convert> AAC). iTunes will create a new copy of the file in AAC, so you'll have two copies of the song in iTunes now-- one in m4a, one in AAC.

3. Click the triple dots to the right of the newly created AAC file. Select "Add to iCloud".

4. Watch the spinning circle in the top right corner, the file will show DOWNLOADED when it's finished. The dotted iCloud icon becomes solid. It worked!

5. Watch the song show up in your "Recently Added" section of iTunes/Apple Music on any of your devices 🙂

6. Add to any playlist!

Jan 4, 2014 12:01 AM in response to Chanelle1s

If you have a Voice Memo on your iPhone that you want to transfer on to your iTunes, simply visit iTunes when your iPhone is plugged in and select the iPhone’s settings. Then press, ‘Include voice memos’ in the sync bar; when you next sync your iPhone to your computer, they will appear in a playlist called ‘Voice Memos’.You can also use the Coolmuster iPhone iPad iPod to computer transfer to help you.

How do I transfer voice memos into my iTunes account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.