Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profile manager webpage not working properly

Hi all!

I have have been running a 10.8 server in my in my company network for a bit over a year now.

This machine (a Mac Pro bought summer 2012) is running Profile manager, Web services, OpenDirectory and DNS.

It is not the main DNS servers for our company, and the Open Directory is not the main OD server for our macs.

we have about 1300 mac clients in profile manager, with 25 or so device groups.

Now, the problem i have been seeing all the way from the start of using profile manager, is that the profile manager webpage is extremely slow and freezes often.

Usually it freezes when i try too navigate the Device Groups. it loads a few group names, then stops loading the rest, and it won't let me select anything on the page, or scroll the device group list.

Usually, when i am adding placeholders it takes several attempts with restarting Safari before i get all the devices in to profile manager and in to a device group.

This happens when i run the page in safari either localy on the server or remote from a macbook pro.

If i try too run the page from other web browsers (windows or mac) i get the following results:

Chrome: When i try and open the device list chrome freezes and after a little while tells me the webpage has stopped working, letting me close the page or wait. waiting does not help.

Firefox: When i try to open either the device group list or device list the window freezes. after a little while i get a message saying the following script (or other similar) has stopped working: https://<server FQDN>/devicemanagement/console/sproutcore/en/e4979394383faaebb401b7e36e3bce0b1e e3759d/javascript-packed.js:5879

Opera: Seems to work fine for a while, then will suddenly stop responding on the device group list. needs too restart before it will work again.

Has anyone else seen this, or know what might be wrong?

It has been very annoying all the way, but now i'm starting too just not have time too wait for this ****** paged too work like it should.

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Server

Posted on Sep 10, 2013 12:14 AM

6 replies

Profile manager webpage not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.