Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get an Apple Tech ID?

I'm about to take an ACMT certification test. But I don't have an apple TECH ID? How do I get that?

Posted on Sep 15, 2013 1:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2013 2:21 AM

suggest you email

svc.trng@apple.com

also read

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3431

To register for Apple Service Certification Exams you need:

• Your Tech ID. (To get one go to the Certifications website)
  • Method of payment: VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, or purchase order*

* Please see the Frequently Asked Questions below for full explanation regarding when you may register using purchase orders.

You are required to have an Apple Tech ID number before registering for an exam. You can apply for a Tech ID by following the instructions at the Apple Certifications website. Provide this Tech ID when registering at an Apple-Authorized Training Center or when registering online with Pearson VUE. The exam registration process is described in Accessing Pearson VUE Service Exams (HT5718).

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2013 2:21 AM in response to Yang.apple

suggest you email

svc.trng@apple.com

also read

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3431

To register for Apple Service Certification Exams you need:

• Your Tech ID. (To get one go to the Certifications website)
  • Method of payment: VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, or purchase order*

* Please see the Frequently Asked Questions below for full explanation regarding when you may register using purchase orders.

You are required to have an Apple Tech ID number before registering for an exam. You can apply for a Tech ID by following the instructions at the Apple Certifications website. Provide this Tech ID when registering at an Apple-Authorized Training Center or when registering online with Pearson VUE. The exam registration process is described in Accessing Pearson VUE Service Exams (HT5718).

Sep 15, 2013 2:43 AM in response to pennbank

Thank you for your reply,Pennbank

I had already read all these topic. Whenever I get to the link for the Tech ID, it always give me a message:

Global Certifications Exchange is currently unavailable. We are working to resolve as soon as possible. Please try again later.

I don't know what is the problem? Server down or only myself cannot access the page for some reason?

Sep 15, 2013 3:12 AM in response to Courcoul

Guys.I've been stuck in this situation for almost 3-4 days. I thought it might be a server's problem , but apparently it can not be that long.

In addition, it showed me another message when I first logged in to that page.

Access for your type of Apple ID is not supported

After this, it showed me

Application Unavailable

Global Certifications Exchange is currently unavailable. We are working to resolve as soon as possible. Please try again later.

Sep 15, 2013 3:32 AM in response to Yang.apple

Quite odd. Are you attempting using Safari on a Mac and clicking on the "Apple Certifications website" link that pennbank inlined in his first reply? For me, it automatically creates a session id that reflects and fills in my AppleID in the Global Certifications Exchange portal, just requiring my password to enter (and get my TechID assigned automatically the first time I logged in):

User uploaded file

How do I get an Apple Tech ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.