Previous 1 2 3 Next 277 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2014 7:25 PM by ChrisJ4203 Branched to a new discussion.
Dave Hayden Level 1 Level 1 (55 points)

Just updated to iOS 7 and it looks like List View in Calendar is gone?  AAACCCK!  With multiple shared calendars enabled (my wife's, kids school events etc.) I'm finding it very hard to see what my day(s) look like without scrolling like crazy through graphical representations of events.  I'm accustomed to just viewing the list and scanning by color of events (for example my work calendar is green).

Am I missing a setting somewhere, or is this a casualty of the redesign?  I'm hoping the former, but if it's the latter I'm about to cry!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7
  • Dr. Malcolm Level 2 Level 2 (315 points)

Click the magnifying glass at the top right. Should go into list view.

• Dave Hayden Level 1 Level 1 (55 points)

YAY!  Thanks!

• MauO Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Looking for the same answer I notice that you can't add an event while in list view. Is this correct?

Very suprising since that's where I scan my calendar for available times. Deal breaker if true.

• mfromin Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I agree with MauO - I can go to the magnifying glass to see the list.  When I close and reopen the calendar I am no longer in that view.  I use list view exclusively to work with the calendar.  I cannot believe this was removed as a normal way to view the calendar.

• jhCanuck Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am having much the same problem -- except that all of my former Calendar entries have disappeared from both phone and the computer.  Not sure how that is even possible, since an update of the phone should not erase files on the computer.

In any case, it appears that I need a better Calendar app -- and will have to start anew (quite a chore!) --

uness someone can suggest a solution.

• Timerider4 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I don't know what they were thinking. I used the list view as well. Now when I select a day it can't even show the whole thing. Sometimes their view defaults to an empty chunk of time in the middle of the day when I actually have stuff going on in the morning and evening.

Same with the Notification Center calendar view.

• Elie19 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

You are right, this is crazy that they took OFF such a usefull VIEW, i cant bealive they took out the List View  under the Calender, with iPhone 5 out, it was the best because you had a bigger view of the events, its a longer screen. One of the hole points of iPhone 5 and now 1 year later they take it out, redicoulouse!!!!

Please Apple bring it back!!!! in your next update.

The magnifying glass at the top right is NOT the same.

• DavidJ6218 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

This is a facility I used multiple times every day. If this facility is not there then I need to rethink using my i-phone as my main calendar. This would make me seriously think about moving on from i-phone when my contract expires

• jonzoboy Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am lost without the list view in calendar. Can't believe Apple have removed it - do they actually do any research before changing their os software?

• Max561 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I downloaded Fantastical to use untill apple fixes this issue.It is much like the IOS 6 calender with the list at the bottom. I rely on the list view and the ease of seeing all of my appointments quickly. The current agenga view is very confusing and not easy to see eveything. I hope the people from apple read this and bring back the option for the old view quickly.

• JHR61 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

The calendar is arguably one of the most used apps on my iphone.   The list view and the ability to add new appointments/reminders while in list view are absolute musts for me.  Using the magnifying glass is definitely not the same.  I was none too pleased with this change.  Apple, please fix this issue!

• cam_jor Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

HELP!

All the things I had on my calendar DISAPPEARED!

APPLE PLEASE BRING THE LIST VIEW BACK! NOW!!!

This new calendar is horrid!

• Twitchin Kitten Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

The entire remake of the calendar app stinks!

My preference is the monthly view and I loved the traditional little boxes for each day with the preview of the event I had AND the little list of events below it. Now I have the entire year in the month view and I can get my list of events by holding the day's button but it stinks!

The calendar is terrible all the way around.

Someone who wears glasses should really give more input on the look and feel of these phones too. Don't get me started

• wksparrow Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I agree with everyone else, the new calendar view is terrible.  It was so nice in the IOS 6 version to see the whole month with today's events on a banner at the bottom.  And I couldn't agree more that it seems with a longer screen, this functionality was exactly what the 5/5c/5s is perfect for.

Bring back the old calendar!!!!

Previous 1 2 3 Next