Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 7 is too slow for iPod touch 5

I have just just downloaded ios 7 and it is very slow running on my iPod touch 5g. For example the letters are coming behind while i am writting this on my iPod. Also the applications and home screen menu everythink i look is very very slow. Is there a plan for this slow running any update etc.

iPod touch, iOS 7, Slow running

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 2:51 PM

30 replies

Sep 18, 2013 11:03 PM in response to Kill Bane

Hey!

I've just downloaded ios7 on my ipod touch 5g as well. My only problem is that it is noticeaby slower now than what it was on ios 6.1.3. It almost feels like an android now. I also didn't encounter any problem while updating, everything went fine.

But I have read some reviews on iphone 4 with ios7 and they have almost the same problem. Yet again, mine's an ipod touch 5g so I don't really know what is up.

For now, I'm just trying to get used to it and wait for future updates that will fix our problem, if there will be such.

Sep 19, 2013 7:53 AM in response to Kill Bane

Hi!

I've just installed iOS 7 over-the-air, there was no problem in that. I noticed a very slow and gagging effects while using multitask and assistive touch, the transitions are quite powerpointing (if you know what I mean). Very slow response to everything. I'm starting to think in downgrade for 6.1.3.

Trying to get used to, I turned on the Increase Contrast feature, disabling all transparency effects. It looks like **** but is less slower now. I'll keep trying in next days, otherwise, 6.1.3.

Sep 19, 2013 9:59 PM in response to Kill Bane

You mentioned that you installed it over-the-air. I know that in the past there have been slight differences between the way the OTA (over-the-air), and computer installed iOS ran, although I forget specifically what the differences were. I would suggest trying to restore your iPod, and if you want it to run at maximum potential, instead of restoring from a backup, If you are willing to, I would suggest doing a clean restore and then just redownloading your old apps and stuff onto your iPod again. Let me know how this turns out.

ios 7 is too slow for iPod touch 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.