Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 forgot restrictions passcode

I have updated to iOS 7. My location services have been disabled and findmyiphone is turned on but with restricted access. However I have forgotten my restrictions pass code so am unable to turn on location services. If I try and restore iphone via iTunes it tells me I have to turn off findmyiphone first. But I can't do this because I have forgotten this restriction passcode.

Totally stuck now. Seems there is no way to reset my phone.

Any ideas?

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 4:16 PM

304 replies

May 8, 2017 7:11 AM in response to kipato

What is that pls??? I have the same problem I only just got the IPhone7,restrictions passcode is on even tho I have never put a passcode in!!! I tried signing out of find my iPhone,I have no clue what to do,I'm not resetting my iPhone it just takes too long to sort it all back out after that grrr....any advice much appreciated x

Jul 11, 2017 5:50 AM in response to Richs79

Hi,

I've got to the bottom of my 'Restrictions Code' bother. I went from a 4 digit (iPhone 5) to a 6 digit (iPhone 7) Passcode (to enter phone) which were the same digits as my Restrictions Code, but became muddled in the 'Restore' from iPhone 5 to 7. For example, let's say my iPhone 5 Password was 2345 and my Restrictions Code was 2345. After I restored my iPhone 7 with a 6 digit Passcode e.g. 002345, my new Restrictions Code somehow became 0023 instead of what should have been 2345 i.e. added the first 2 digits of my new Passcode to the Restrictions code! Please try it (if you have gone from a 4 to 6 digit passcode at some stage, and your passcode and restrictions code were the same, or something else along these lines ) and I'm sure that you will now be fine. Please note that the numbers I have provided are fictional i.e. they are not reset codes! Good luck!

Jul 11, 2017 5:52 AM in response to Bolaji007

Hi,

I've got to the bottom of my 'Restrictions Code' bother. I went from a 4 digit (iPhone 5) to a 6 digit (iPhone 7) Passcode (to enter phone) which were the same digits as my Restrictions Code, but became muddled in the 'Restore' from iPhone 5 to 7. For example, let's say my iPhone 5 Password was 2345 and my Restrictions Code was 2345. After I restored my iPhone 7 with a 6 digit Passcode e.g.002345, my new Restrictions Code somehow became 0023 instead of what should have been 2345 i.e. added the first 2 digits of my new Passcode to the Restrictions code!Please try it (if you have gone from a 4 to 6 digit passcode at some stage, and your passcode and restrictions code were the same, or something else along these lines ) and I'm sure that you will now be fine. Please note that the numbers I have provided are fictional i.e. they are not reset codes! Good luck!

Jul 11, 2017 6:00 AM in response to ipon70

Hi,

I've got to the bottom of my 'Restrictions Code' bother. I went from a 4 digit (iPhone 5) to a 6 digit (iPhone 7) Passcode (to enter phone) which were the same digits as my Restrictions Code, but became muddled in the 'Restore' from iPhone 5 to 7. For example, let's say my iPhone 5 Password was 2345 and my Restrictions Code was 2345. After I restored my iPhone 7 with a 6 digit Passcode e.g.002345, my new Restrictions Code somehow became 0023 instead of what should have been 2345 i.e. added the first 2 digits of my new Passcode to the Restrictions code!Please try it (if you have gone from a 4 to 6 digit passcode at some stage, and your passcode and restrictions code were the same, or something else along these lines ) and I'm sure that you will now be fine. Please note that the numbers I have provided are fictional i.e. they are not reset codes! Good luck!

Sep 18, 2013 10:04 PM in response to Richs79

I did this also.

think i found a solution but you must know your apple ID and PW.

1. sign into icloud.com

2. once you are signed in click on "find my iphone" tab

3. click "all devices" on top of the page

4. click on the device you lost your passcode to.

5. once you do a couple of choices will come up "play sound" "lost mode" and "erase iphone"

click on the erase iphone. and it will begin to whip out your iphone.

6. once i was done i connected it back into my itunes and restored from my last backup. i was then

able to get into my phone and reset my passcode. :-)

hope this helps. i was so lost i thought i messed up big time lol.

Sep 19, 2013 12:13 AM in response to StephRi0s

I'm in the same scenario & it's massively frustrating !

Didn't toggle 'Location Services On' during the iOS7 install and have forgotten my Restrictions PassCode.

Find My iPhone now doesn't show my location & all Location Services are off - argh !

On my 13th attempt at guessing the PassCode and having to wait 60 mins between each entry now. Not frustrating at all, much !!

StephRi0s ... is your solution for the PassCode to unlock the phone, or the one for Restrictions ?

Pretty sure it's the Unlock Phone code as the Restrictions Code is built into the backup ... so on a RestoreFrom Backup - it's still there. Anyone else think this ?

Other thoughts / help ? Please !

Sep 19, 2013 3:24 AM in response to mshakir

to be clear ...

1. PassCode to unlock your phone from locked HomeScreen will be resolved by restoring from backup.

2. Restrictions PassCode, under Settings > General > Restrictions will NOT be resolved by restoring from backup, as the Restrictions PassCode is built into the backup.

Any help bypassing / re-setting the Restrictions PassCode under iOS7 would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

iOS 7 forgot restrictions passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.