Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"This apple ID has not yet been used with the app store."

Hello. I've created an Apple ID accout on the apple.com website so I can use the app store to update or download apps. However, when I tried to do that, the app store displayed a message saying, "This apple ID has not yet been used with the app store." To quote http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2589, "If you already have an Apple ID, you can easily use it at the iTunes Store or Mac App Store. You already have an Apple ID if you bought something at the Apple Store, registered your product online, or used the My Apple ID page." I am very confused, because I know for sure that I have bought a MacBook Pro (10.8.4) in Hong Kong some weeks ago. Here is a procedure of my attempt to get XCode:

1. I wish to get XCode

User uploaded file

2. I enter my Apple ID and password just as I do to log in to apple.com

User uploaded file

3. ???

User uploaded file

So what is the meaning behind this? Do I restart my computer? Is it because I bought my MacBook Pro in Hong Kong that I must register an Apple ID in the Hong Kong Apple website (which, in my personal opinion, is a bit absurd)? What do I do? Please help.

Many thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 4:24 PM

can somebody help me?! i login my apple id in my iphone but i cannot use it coz its telling iapple id is not used in itunes or app store.. how to use my id for free

84 replies

Jun 20, 2017 8:05 AM in response to bzischarles

I had this problem and none of the solutions posted worked. I finally was able to resolve this issue by finding another newer/up to date mac. I created a new user on this mac and signed in with my apple id. I think downloaded an app on this machine just to test. Then on my out of date mac I opened the App Store went to Store -> Sign In... This allowed me to download without doing any "Review" option.

Oct 24, 2017 8:24 AM in response to ndaela

This!!! I am setting up my mom's refurb iphone 6S plus and I cannot download anything from the app store due to the 'This Apple ID has not yet been used in the itunes store. Tap Review to sign in, then review your account information.' And then it goes to a blank screen. I have tried this process on both the phone and the itunes on the computer. Same problem. Blank screen after clicking the review button. I have entered all the info in on apple.id.com. I am currently on hold with Apple support and they can't figure it out either. I am waiting on 'senior' level help now. So this is a problem on Apple's end!

Oct 28, 2017 1:57 PM in response to bzischarles

I had this same problem when trying to sign into the App Store. Clicking review and going through the process in the App Store yields no results because it will say your apple id is already registered (it doesn't make sense because it is a bug).

FIX: What worked for me was opening iTunes and attempting to sign in. Here I was prompted with the same message, however this time I was able to put in my billing information without card info and my account became usable on iTunes and the App Store. Hope this helps.

Nov 6, 2017 8:53 PM in response to bzischarles

I was trying to set up an iPad for my mom with an Apple ID I created on the website which had credit card info set up already. The Apple ID worked for setting up the iPad, but when I went to download an app, I got a pop up box asking if I wanted to use an exisiting ID or create a new one. I selected use existing. Then entered the ID and password.

I got that dreaded pop-up box, "This Apple ID has not been used in the App Store." It claimed I needed to review the account. I hit "review," then it took me through what basically seems like the steps to set up a New Apple ID. It had my mom's current Apple ID listed as the email and her birthdate, but asked for a password and answer to a secret question. I enetered the correct answers, hit submit, and then was told "this Apple ID already exists" -- DUH!!

I read a few threads and tried a number of things, considered going to the Apple Store, and I was even tempted to just create a whole new Apple ID on that screen, but figured it'd be a bigger pain in my butt than figuring out a way around this glitch.

Then, while I was waiting for Apple Support to answer my call, I went to my laptop's iTunes and logged out of my account, then logged in with my mom's Apple ID that her iPad had been rejecting. It gave me the same pop-up about not having been used in iTunes before, but this time when I hit review, it took me to the account info and just asked me to re-enter the credit card security code.

Once that was done, and I had successfully signed into iTunes on my laptop, I went back to the iPad and tried to download the same app, and whaddaya know, it freakin worked this time!! No pop-up!!!! YAY!! Didn't even have to talk to Apple Support.

Hope this helps some of you!

Sep 18, 2013 5:07 PM in response to bzischarles

You aren't understanding what it is stating. You have used the Apple ID in the Apple online Store. You have not used it in the Mac App Store. Those are two different online stores with two different unrelated accounts that just happen to use the same Apple ID. Press the Review button and go through the process of setting up the account or you will not be able to make purchases in the Mac App Store or any of the iTunes stores until you do. It's that simple.

"This apple ID has not yet been used with the app store."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.