Announcement: Update to iOS 12

Enjoy a faster and more responsive experience as well as fun new features, like Memoji and Camera Effects.
Get iOS 12 > https://support.apple.com/ios/update

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Any way to turn off iOS 7 navigation animations?

The zoom animations everywhere on the new iOS 7 are literally making me nauseous and giving me a headache. It's exactly how I used to get car sick if I tried to read in the car.

How do I turn them off? Do I have to revert to 6?

iPhone 4

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Oh thank god. The reduce motion feature in 7.0.3 makes the zooms go away and changes it to a fade effect.

No more nausea ... I just spent a couple of minutes opening folders and apps and no reaction.

Note that I have a iPhone 4 so the Reduce Motion option is now visible on this device even though parallax is not.

I'm marking this "answered" and heading out to buy a 5S.

To all the people who accused us of being Samsung Trolls ... please continue to be apple loyalists and buy tons of apple stuff because I'm a shareholder :-)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Sep 19, 2013 5:48 AM in response to Ensorceled In response to Ensorceled

I have the same problem. After using it for two minutes, I felt nauseous. It's the same way I feel when I use spaces on my Mac. Which is a feature that can be turned off. I hope Apple creates a way to disable this in a future update. I just sent them feedback, you should do the same. I can't believe someone when testing iOS 7 didn't say, "Hey, this animation makes me nauseous." I find that incredible.

Sep 19, 2013 5:48 AM

Reply Helpful

Sep 19, 2013 7:12 AM in response to Ensorceled In response to Ensorceled

Just had a long chat with Apple support. Apparently there is no way to turn off animations. I've left feedback and will escalate through phone support as they recommended.

I'm going to remove all my icons from folders which will reduce some of the fly around animations which will help some. Not really interested in trying to find a iOS6 binary on the interwebs to unofficially down grade.

Sep 19, 2013 7:12 AM

Reply Helpful

Sep 19, 2013 8:45 PM in response to Ensorceled In response to Ensorceled

I thought I was going crazy today after I updated my phone and I noticed I was feeling queasy every time I used it. Now I see I am not alone! I just used my phone for about 20 minutes and now I feel like I'm going to vomit. There has to be a way to turn this off!

Sep 19, 2013 8:45 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Ensorceled

Question: Any way to turn off iOS 7 navigation animations?