Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make the dock (buttom row) in IOS 7 transparent?

Hi,

I just installed IOS 7. I guess it has a few new functions, that are nice. Real life performace will tell. But there is one thing, that is making me crazy!

See the picture:

User uploaded file

The dock (last row) for the icons is blured, messing up any nice background picture. Now you understand, why in the presentation of IOS 7, they used abstract pictures as backgroudn. Well, the question is, how do I get rid of that blur or milky last row and make it transparent?

Any help is greatly apreceated. I didn't find any settings for it in the Settings.

Thanks

PS. If any apple emplyer should be reading this, can they please pass on the error I had, while updated from IOS 6 to 7. When starting IOS 7 he wants to connect to a Wi-Fi network. That will fail, if one tries and I had to soft reset my device. Just choose to continue without Wi-Fi (ignore the message about missing internet) and my iPad used the old WiFi settings to connect to the internet.

iPad mini-OTHER, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 10:22 AM

97 replies

Sep 19, 2013 11:57 PM in response to abukarim

I completely agree about the negative aesthetics. I've been searching for a way to remove that dock all day. None of my wallpapers look right. If you figure out how to do this please let me know. As far as everyone else goes, if you don't have a solution don't waste your time calling the rest of us out. Does that make you feel better about yourself, really? No need to trivialize our complaint.

Sep 20, 2013 3:28 AM in response to abukarim

I do not know actually why there is no option "dock transparency". That is strange that Apple is proudly speaking about Retina display and now covers it by such big and untransparent stripe of something. I also like the display and I am strongly dissapointed seening it painted in such blurred colors. And I do not care about algorithms that are behind it and how complicated there are. It is not working for me and happy to see for most of the community. That definitively is not a dock. I would like to make it full transparent this would be more iOS7 light style. At the dock there are icons which stay all the time at the same place, why do we need something to emphasize their meaning?

Sep 21, 2013 6:25 AM in response to abukarim

I absolutely agree with the people who do not like that dock. It *****. I am fan of all the Apple products and great user of iPhone since the first one. As soon as ios 7 is launched, I download that and the only thing that makes me crazy is the dock area. I hate that. Have spent more than 5 hours on the web to learn how to cancel that!

that's why I have just joined to Apple discussions! I have had a lot of issues but never did it before. But it really makes me crazy. Hope there will be a soltion in very near soon!..

How to make the dock (buttom row) in IOS 7 transparent?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.