Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Speaker bug! iOS 7

After updating to iOS 7, volume control is gone. all apps also has no sound either the lock and unlock sound is gone but in the settings>sounds>ringer and alerts when i slide the volume bar my speakers are ringing.

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 7:08 AM

27 replies

Sep 30, 2013 10:18 AM in response to landoi

this is a wide spread bug. It comes and it goes. I have no idea what causes it and how to solve it

It is mainley Iphone 4S of a certain generation that is affected .

I tried all but there is no pattern. Sometimes plugging in an original power cors helps

sometimes going to youtube - or run a quicktime movie from inside an itenrnet page etc helps

I hope this gets solved soon otherwise back to release 6 . It is annoying .

Oct 2, 2013 3:08 PM in response to landoi

Have you tried a reset?

Reset: Hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons and don’t let go until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo appears (no data will be lost)

Reset All Settings:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

You will not lose any data but it will reset the settings in your Settings app.

As a last resort, backup, connect to iTunes and restore (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414).

This will redownload and clean install iOS 7.

After it finishes, go through the setup and restore from the backup when prompted.

Oct 3, 2013 7:42 AM in response to Axeman1020

Hi Axeman,

Thank you for your advice but still not working, It seems it is getting worse now. Previously, I can use my earphone

but now it is getting bug(very very low sound).

My current version is 7.0.2.Can I downgrade it to 7.0.0? So that I can restore back to clean 7.0.0 then update to

7.0.2. maybe this could help.

Maybe you have other option.

Speaker bug! iOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.