Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I play all the songs in one genre in iOS7's music app?

Suppose you want to listen to only blues music. In the music app in iOS 7 I can't find a way to select all the songs from one genre. When you select "genre" it takes you to a list of artist in that genre but there's no way to select all the songs. In previous iOS all you had to do was select "all artist" and then "play all songs". In iOS 7 I can't seem to find that option. I've tried using Siri but if the genre of music you have is not in English then Siri won't understand. Also Siri only works if it's connected to a network. What if your not connected and you want to listen to just Blues. Is this option not in the music app in iOS 7 or am I over looking something?

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 8:50 AM

34 replies

Feb 8, 2017 6:02 PM in response to Roemega

Go to library where it lists "playlists" "artists" "albums" etc

Click the edit button to the right of "library"

More options will pop up like "videos" "compilations"

Click "genres"

Click "done"

Genres is now part of the list under library, when you click it you can see a list of your music genres and "shuffle all" is an option when you select one

:)

Sep 21, 2013 10:25 PM in response to GIEM

You're on the right track but there's one detail you neglected to mention. For this method to work, I found that you have to type the genre you want to listen to in the search bar. Select the genre and it will take you to the next menu which will list the albums and the songs in those albums. Pull down on that screen and the "shuffle All Songs" option will appear. It's not as easy as in previous iOS but this will play all the songs in one genre.

Sep 22, 2013 10:40 PM in response to Roemega

Yes, it way more complicated than it was before. I use genre a lot on my iPod when I can not take it out from my bag in a while. So I leave it playing a genre. But correct me if I'm wrong, you could play a normal non-shuffle playlist before just by tapping in "all songs" and then starting from where you want and it down from there, right? I don't know if I explain myself right.

Sep 25, 2013 2:55 PM in response to Roemega

Found the workaround... you are correct, this option was available in prior versions and now it is not.

In any Music app view scroll to the top to unveil the search box.

Search for your genre.

Search results will show all artists matching your query, and if you scroll above that there is a 'Shuffle All Songs' option.

Sep 25, 2013 4:23 PM in response to Kovach

I have to do that now but it isn't the same. Before if you wanted a specific artist or song you could go back, select it, then play it and when the song was over it would continue to shuffle all the songs in genre. Now, if you make a playlist or search for "genre" you can't do what i said above; it will take you back to the search or take you back to the playlist with ALL the listed songs (not grouped by artist)

Sep 30, 2013 7:46 PM in response to Roemega

thanx for the info i was wondering who do we complain to about this retarted update. i have the i pod touch 64 gig not cheap. why would they change something like that. i also have the i pod classic 160 gig and its still the same didnt change. i want to let theses idiots that are making biggg money to update theses things and its always worse. thanx Aagain for the info enjoy the music

ttyl

How can I play all the songs in one genre in iOS7's music app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.