Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Control center ios 7 music controls not working help

When I swipe up from the bottom of the screen to use control center I am not able to use the music controls for music or podcasts and music controls do not work on the lock screen either is anybody else having this problem???????

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 11:37 AM

Several have posted this and I've recommended doing a soft reset, which has resolved their issue: Resetting Your Device: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1430

66 replies

Sep 25, 2013 1:43 PM in response to connor33322

I also experience this issue. Soft reset of the phone corrects the issue temporarily. However it will reoccur in time. It seems ultimately Apple will need to fix this with an iOS7 update.

I have noticed several bugs (this being one of many that I am reporting) since upgrading to iOS7 which has been very disappointing. I am a huge Apple advocate and this has not been the experience of "It just works" that I have come to expect from my Apple products. It is because I care so much about the Apple ecosystem that has made my work and play so much more enjoyable that I will take the time to report these in hopes that Apple will take notice and that subsequent updates will address these issues.

Sep 25, 2013 3:26 PM in response to connor33322

There are several bugs in the new iOS7. The non-working features in the control center from the locked screen are just a few. I had already reset my phone to prepare for the new update, and these problems still popped up. Apple support will only tell you that you need to put the phone in recovery mode, and start from scratch with the new iOS. Don't even bother, because even a hard reset will not correct these issues. I just walked through tier 3 hard reset and problem still perisists. Eveyone needs to contact Apple to irritate them enough to work on a fix. Its the way these things work.

Sep 25, 2013 3:32 PM in response to connor33322

I had the same problem. Soft reset, power cycle, hard reset didn't work. I had to do a Reset All Settings reset to get the controls to work in both control center and on the lock screen. Bit of a pain, but it worked.

I forgot to go back in and reset my email settings to manual when I reset all the settings on my phone that I have turned on and off to my personal preferences and it did a number on the battery. Once I figured out that I was getting push email and turned that off it was fine.

Resetting all settings seems to be the best fix for many of the issues that keep popping up with this new release.

Control center ios 7 music controls not working help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.