Previous 1 2 Next 24 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2013 7:05 AM by orchid13
Eric Shawn2 Level 3 Level 3 (600 points)

So I'm seeing all these videos about the parallax effect for the iOS 7.  As well, in these videos, I noticed that the background of the task bar and folders have a low opacity, or more translucent.  I  read that it works on the 4S.  However, looking at my 4S screen, the task bar and folder backgrounds are a solid grey (ugly looking), and I don't see any "3D" effect.  Motion reduce is off.  Can someone confirm if this effect should work on the 4S or not?

Thanks.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7
  • 50shadesofmeh Level 2 Level 2 (370 points)

Try turning off Increae Contrast in Settings>General>Accessibility>Increase Contrast

• Eric Shawn2 Level 3 Level 3 (600 points)

Increase Contrast is off, and so is Reduce Motion.

So I started playing around with diffrent wallpapers.  It looks like the background of the task bar and folders aren't really translucent at all. They mimic the surrounding colours, so that it looks like it's translucent.  Kind of like the way iTunes does for album covers.  So if you have a wallpaper that's mostly black and grey in colour.  iOS 7 mimics grey.  Bright pastelly colours like the ones in iOS 7, it mimics the colours within the area.

As for the parallax effect, I used a pic of a friend of mine as a wall paper, now I can see a little of the effect.  It's very, very subtle.  Unless your actually looking for it, and looking very hard, you won't notice it at all.  I'm a little disappointed.  Along with the faster drain on battery, even with background refresh, bluetooth and all other non-essentials turned off.  Still drains a little faster than pervious iOS 6.  Not bad mind you, but still a little disconcerning.  Hopefully Apple will fix these issues in future updates.  Just wondering why mine is very subtle, while others, you can clearly see the effect.

• stavroch Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I can't fint the "Reduce Motion" to the  "Contrast in Settings>General>Accessibility"

It's there.  Not sure why you don't see it.

• Gerinalex Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Reduce motion is the second set of option bundles in the accessibility menu. The first option is larger type in the option bundle. Reduce motion is the fourth one down or so. Someone had to point it out to me too.

• Gerinalex Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I'm still having this issue on my iPhone 5. My fiancées iPhone 4S has a really obvious movement when parallax is working. I see no movement at all on my iPhone 5. I've confirmed that reduce motion is disabled. We both even used the same default earth picture provided with iOS 7.

On a side note my compass and level aren't working either. Could this be related to the parallax effect?

• karaxs3 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

My reduce motion isnt there either!    Im tired of this dizzy feeling when I use my phone!!

If your compass and level aren't working, chances are one or more of your gyro sensors are damaged.  Which would also account for not seeing any parallax effect at all.  If you have any games that use the gyro sensors, see if it works on them.

• stavroch Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

What can we do now?

It get me dizzy that style.

How can I disable it?

I hope to get your answer as soon as possible.

• livelifepink Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

apparently that option isn't avalable for iphone 4

UGHHH they better update this and make it available cause im gonna throw up soon from looking at my screen

So if you go to Settings>General>Accessibility, then in Accessibility, 9 options down (between Increase Contrast and On/Off Labels), you don't see Reduce Motion?  iOS 7 is iOS 7 across the board.  If we have it, so should everyone else that has iOS 7.  My parallax just doesn't seem to be as strong as some peoples', I hardly notice mine, so have no need to reduce motion.  Maybe that's a good thing, considering the motion sickness people are complaining about.  lol

• livelifepink Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

537920_10200522243972796_1086411312_n.jpg

nope   not there

• karaxs3 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Mine looks just like livelifepink!!   not there!

Previous 1 2 Next