Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

parallax effect

So I'm seeing all these videos about the parallax effect for the iOS 7. As well, in these videos, I noticed that the background of the task bar and folders have a low opacity, or more translucent. I read that it works on the 4S. However, looking at my 4S screen, the task bar and folder backgrounds are a solid grey (ugly looking), and I don't see any "3D" effect. Motion reduce is off. Can someone confirm if this effect should work on the 4S or not?

Thanks.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 4:17 PM

24 replies

Sep 20, 2013 4:51 PM in response to 50shadesofmeh

So I started playing around with diffrent wallpapers. It looks like the background of the task bar and folders aren't really translucent at all. They mimic the surrounding colours, so that it looks like it's translucent. Kind of like the way iTunes does for album covers. So if you have a wallpaper that's mostly black and grey in colour. iOS 7 mimics grey. Bright pastelly colours like the ones in iOS 7, it mimics the colours within the area.

As for the parallax effect, I used a pic of a friend of mine as a wall paper, now I can see a little of the effect. It's very, very subtle. Unless your actually looking for it, and looking very hard, you won't notice it at all. I'm a little disappointed. Along with the faster drain on battery, even with background refresh, bluetooth and all other non-essentials turned off. Still drains a little faster than pervious iOS 6. Not bad mind you, but still a little disconcerning. Hopefully Apple will fix these issues in future updates. Just wondering why mine is very subtle, while others, you can clearly see the effect.

Sep 21, 2013 10:47 AM in response to Eric Shawn2

I'm still having this issue on my iPhone 5. My fiancées iPhone 4S has a really obvious movement when parallax is working. I see no movement at all on my iPhone 5. I've confirmed that reduce motion is disabled. We both even used the same default earth picture provided with iOS 7.

On a side note my compass and level aren't working either. Could this be related to the parallax effect?

Sep 23, 2013 5:46 PM in response to Eric Shawn2

So if you go to Settings>General>Accessibility, then in Accessibility, 9 options down (between Increase Contrast and On/Off Labels), you don't see Reduce Motion? iOS 7 is iOS 7 across the board. If we have it, so should everyone else that has iOS 7. My parallax just doesn't seem to be as strong as some peoples', I hardly notice mine, so have no need to reduce motion. Maybe that's a good thing, considering the motion sickness people are complaining about. lol

parallax effect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.