Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps keep crashing after upgrade to ios 7 ipad2

After upgrading to ios 7 most of my apps keep crashing on ipad2 why? Do i need to re-install them? Please help

iPad 2, iOS 7, Apps crash

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 7:41 PM

47 replies

Sep 21, 2013 5:58 AM in response to Jcarlostorres

i am having the same experience (as well as several other problems) since installing iOS7 on my iPad2. The apps briefly appear to open when I tap their icons, but then disappear. double tapping the Home key to bring up the multi-tasking view idicates that the apps are running in the background but, I cannot access them.

This fiasco began because I was unable to login to my One-to-One account after the iOS7 update. I spent 4 hrs on the phone last night, with 4 different people from Apple support, restoring the iPad to factory settings & then restoring the image from my iCloud backup, only to end up with the situation described above. And I still can't login to my One-to-One account, plus I amnow also unable to access the iTunes store. I am sure there are other problems that I have yet to discover.

This has been such a "Windows" experience that I find myself wondering if Apple truly has lost its mojo & mystique. Are their pretty products worth their premium prices? More importantly, are they worth the frustration I experience, & the time that lost from my life, in trying to resolve problems with their"improvements". If asked today, my answer would be a very loud & resounding "NO"!!!!!

Sep 25, 2013 4:08 AM in response to Jcarlostorres

I'm having the similar issues with my iPad Retina - Mine, app wide!! After any extended period of use, or multi tasking use (apps running in the background & switching between them) its over heating and crashing - Games. Apps. Internet. On demand (NetFlix or TV services) Content (Music, videos &/or photo editing). The lot!

The update took less than 3 hours over my WiFi, and everything was great for about a day. Then the issues.

Sep 25, 2013 8:00 AM in response to Jcarlostorres

Immediately after installing iOS 7, my sister’s iPad 2 started crashing during ALL apps and restarting. She couldn’t go for longer than 10 seconds without a crash.

Took it to Apple Store and they did everything to try to fix it, and nothing worked, including:

Erase all content and settings and restore from back-up.

Erase all software and firmware, set up as new, did NOT restore back-up, and install iOS 7.

It kept crashing. So it was an internal problem with the iPad that wouldn’t work with iOS 7.

Her iPad 2 was out of warranty, but because of the software issue making it impossible for the device to work, they gave her a new one! Installed iOS 7 at the store (were there for 4 hours!) and the new one is working fine.

Apps keep crashing after upgrade to ios 7 ipad2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.