Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iTunes won't sync my music back onto my iPhone after ios7 update.. HELP!!!!

So to free up enough space on my iPhone to download the ios7 update I deleted a few albums of my iPhone (not off iTunes though) and now whenever I sync my iPhone with my computer the albums do not sync to my phone. On iTunes when I open up the iPhone tab when it's plugged in it says that everything is on my phone under the 'On this iPhone' tab, but it isn't actually on my iphone.

Another weird thing is that stuff (music and videos) that my mum has stored on her iCloud has appeared on my iPhone, I don't know if this is relevent at all though, just thought it may be worth mentioning...

Any help would me much appretiacted, am slightly lost without my music!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 3:22 AM

27 replies

Sep 21, 2013 9:49 AM in response to Cathers93

I'm having a similair problem..

1. I have done the updates on both my iPhone and iTunes (PC)

2. I have tried to SYNC my iPhone with my iTunes and the changes I have made to my iTunes arn't updating on my iPhone

Any help hear would be neat..

Is there a way of clearing my Music Library on my iPhone and then SYNCING with iTunes, or would this not solve my issue?

Thank you!

little-bob

Sep 22, 2013 3:15 AM in response to adolfgarlic

Yeah I've been through all that so many times to make sure it's all done right and it is, it even shows up on the bottom bar that shows how much memory is used, that the stuff I want to go on is there, and then when I sync it, it disappears again.

Like I said in the post according to iTunes under the 'on this iPhone' tab it's there, but for some reason it's not on my phone.

Sep 22, 2013 11:39 AM in response to Cathers93

after i upgrade my ipone5 to ios7, all of my music disapeared. i tried everything including reinstaling itunes & restoring my iphone but nothing changed. middle of the sync prosses itunes keep skipping steps and ends up 'canceling sync' other than i cant sync musics or videos iphone appears to be working just fine. but no matter what i tried syncing wont happen. all of the data is still on the itunes library but still nothing keep canceling sync 😟

iOS 7

Sep 26, 2013 10:40 PM in response to Cathers93

I had this same issu. After rebooting my computer, and reopening itunes, i noticed a pop up message. It said none of your music is selected. this may cause it not to sync. So i highlighted my entire music directory, right click and select all,clicked on my phone and set it to sync specific list artist songs. And it worked

So even if you select to sync entire library, or just selected stuff, and all the artisit are checked on the syn page. They still need to be checked in your main library.

Nov 20, 2013 9:48 AM in response to Cathers93

*Running iOS7.0.4

Been battling with this for several weeks.... finally had a revelation today! Tried several things but I think it was this SIMPLE fix that did it.

1. Open Music on iPhone

2. Select "More" (bottom right)

3. Select "Shared" from list

4. "NAME's iPhone" was selected... changed it to second options "FIRSTname LASTname's Library"

Little red circle spun for a minute or so and.... there was all of my music!

Dec 22, 2013 8:18 PM in response to jessxsimmonds

jessxsimmonds wrote:

i have my iphone connected to my computer and i have itunes running but i still don't see the more button? i've been trying to get it to sync for months ://

After you open "music"- across the bottom you should see five icons (mine say "radio", "playlists", "artists", "songs", and "more"). Tap "more" and at the bottom of the list in that screen you should see "share". This only is visible when connected to iTunes (wired) on the comp. is this not the case with yours? Are you running iOS7?

My iTunes won't sync my music back onto my iPhone after ios7 update.. HELP!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.