Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airplay icon missing in itunes windows solution

I have had trouble with itunes having the airplay icon show up. I use the remote app on ipad and was having trouble with it finding my iTunes library. I could play content on apple tv and stream from ipad to TV but the issue with the remote app not working and the icon simply being gone from itunes was driving me crazy. I tried the switch to mini player and the close the program and then start up and sometimes it would show up but after installing the newest version of itunes on the 18th it was gone. I made sure all the obvious things were right like having home sharing on both itunes and the device i was using, connected to the same wifi and not a guest account, updated router firmware, rebooted router, etc. Wouldnt come back up at all. Tried everything and then found something that worked and now can close out program and bring iTunes back up and works everytime. I am using windows 7. I hope this might help someone who had the same problem I had.

1) open control panel.

2)Choose Network and internet

3)Select the VIEW NETWORK STATUS TASKS under NETWORK and SHARING CENTER section

4) Choose the active network connection. It is usually name " wireless Network Connection 1" or something similiar.

5) Click the properties button

6) If the Internet PROTOCOL VERSION 6(TCP/IPv6) is checked, uncheck it, then click OK.

7) Click CLOSE

8) Restart iTunes and try to use the Home Sharing feature again.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 12:31 PM

After a lot of frustration, on looking at other solutions, this one worked. Many thanks for sharing this?

68 replies

airplay icon missing in itunes windows solution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.