Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Go to Current Song" freezes iTunes 11.1

…on both my early 2009 24-in iMac using 10.8.5 and my early 201115-in MacBookPro.

Anyone else? Any ideas?

AND: did we just loose scroll bars in the library/playlist section, or have we been without for a while?

Thanks.

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 5:11 PM

Hm. Yeah, it seems to freeze it for me too. I don't remember that happening yesterday - maybe because I'm currently playing a podcast?

I'd already noticed that iTunes 11.1 was freezing whenever I tried to go to the next or previous song in the Get Info section: I'd asked about it here, but so far no responses.

Well, "Go to Current Song" has left iTunes hanging for about 3-4 minutes now - I'll give it another few minutes before Force Quitting it. Man, I have been Force Quitting iTunes A LOT in the past few days!

I currently see a scroll bar in the library/playlist section - you mean the lefthand column in iTunes, right? There's a scroll bar there right now, but, well, iTunes has frozen so I can't do much with it.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2013 5:11 PM in response to rcalt

Hm. Yeah, it seems to freeze it for me too. I don't remember that happening yesterday - maybe because I'm currently playing a podcast?

I'd already noticed that iTunes 11.1 was freezing whenever I tried to go to the next or previous song in the Get Info section: I'd asked about it here, but so far no responses.

Well, "Go to Current Song" has left iTunes hanging for about 3-4 minutes now - I'll give it another few minutes before Force Quitting it. Man, I have been Force Quitting iTunes A LOT in the past few days!

I currently see a scroll bar in the library/playlist section - you mean the lefthand column in iTunes, right? There's a scroll bar there right now, but, well, iTunes has frozen so I can't do much with it.

Sep 21, 2013 11:07 PM in response to Lance Wilcox

So far for me, with 2009 iMac, it seems to be "only" freezing with "Go to Current Song" or "Next/Previous" in the Get Info panes. It never seems to come out of that - I've needed to Force Quit every time, although I've never waited longer than about 20 minutes.

Note that it's also hanging a lot - anything with podcasts in particular. However, so far it's always come out of that, after at most five minutes or so.

Sigh. I use the Command-L / Go to Current Song a lot, and it's going to take a while to break that habit.

Good luck with making the 2006 iMac work. You may or may not want to hear this, but slowness with iTunes was what finally drove me to buy a new computer about three and a half years ago - and iTunes, along with iPhoto, are the only programs that are causing me much trouble now.

Sep 22, 2013 3:07 PM in response to Lost in Asia

i hear you. I also have a 2012 MacBook Pro, which works just fine. However, the old iMac houses my main iTunes library, because the iMac is connected to the external hard drive which holds my media collection and has a pair of external speakers. I find it is not really practical to have all that connected to my laptop, which, after all, is meant to be portable.

I plan to replace the iMac in the next year anyway. May have to move the purchase date up a bit now.

Sep 22, 2013 9:58 PM in response to Lost in Asia

On the verge of giving up and waiting for the next iTunes update, I simpy trashed iTunes and downloaded a fresh copy (11.1). And ... works perfect so far, after about a half hour of continuous music. (No more trying to download that podcast.) 🙂 In fact, works better than it has in a long, long time. I suspect I had some corruption going on. (Though, to be on the safe side, I'm still staying away from the podcasts for awhile.)

"Go to Current Song" freezes iTunes 11.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.