Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

siri is still accessable on lock screen

Hi guys

I am having an issue with siri on my iPhone 5s.

I have turned off the function that allows siri to be accessable on the lock screen, but if I hold down the home button when the phone is locked you can still use siri.

I have an iPhone 5s running iOS7.0.1

iPhone 5s, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 6:14 PM

32 replies

Oct 1, 2013 12:20 PM in response to davestylee

davestylee wrote:

Hi guys

I am having an issue with siri on my iPhone 5s.

I have turned off the function that allows siri to be accessable on the lock screen, but if I hold down the home button when the phone is locked you can still use siri.

I have an iPhone 5s running iOS7.0.1

Try using a finger you do not have registered and see if siri still comes up in your lock screen. I bet you get the try again message instead of siri

Apr 17, 2014 11:08 PM in response to davestylee

Come on, it was not a security issue. Thanks to touch ID, Siri was working even if disabled on locked screen only for fingerprints registered.

It was very useful (to launch a timer, call a contact). But now, with iOS 7.1, it does not work anymore.

It's quite annoying. If I have to unlock my phone, I can use the control center or my phone book instead of Siri.

I hope it will come back.

Sep 28, 2016 3:40 AM in response to davestylee

Yes I have this issue too and it's annoying! I hope they sort it out in the next update!
I turned off Siri until they fix it and that hasn't helped either as 'Voice Control' comes up instead! Argh! 😕
Using a different finger doesn't work it is a fault by holding down the Home button. Turning off access from lock screen doesn't work! 😐

Andy 🙂

Sep 28, 2016 6:13 AM in response to AKAXE

Sort what out. There is nothing wrong or fix. This thread is about the fact that if a user has Touch ID activated and uses a finger that is registered in Touch ID, then that is unlocking the phone and holding the button down is unlocking the phone and activating Siri because the phone is unlocked. It is not activating Siri while the phone is locked. The solution is to use a finger that is not registered to Touch ID so you are not unlocking the phone.

Sep 28, 2016 6:39 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Yes, but what our problem is that since the latest update to ios10 you select disable from lock screen but Siri is still useable from the lock screen even though you've disabled it! 😐 So they need to look into that because the turn OFF is not OFF. ON is still ON there is just no disabled from lock screen working when selected, that's the fault.😕

siri is still accessable on lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.