Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Skype Broken OsX10.8.5 MacBook Air 2013

When will Apple make the Software Update Available?

Will we have to wait for Mavericks-? or will Mavericks- be broken as well?

Sorry I bought it $1,000.00, I should have bought the replacement logic board for my iBook 14", OsX 10.4+ $25, worked flawlessly from April 2004, till Apple decided it worked flawlessly and dumped support for 10.5 and above.

Even a suggested fix using ManyCam don't work.

'84 MacPlus - Lisa w/macworks plus - Macintosh II - 7100 - 8100 - powercomputing - Blue G4 - iBook - Quicksilver - Quicksilver MDD - MacBook - MacBook Air

See Apple I have supported you it's your turn to support me with this little request.

Its 9-22-2013, I thought we were in the ERA of video teleconferencing? Not with my MacBookDare!

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), SSD drive, HD Built in Camera

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 3:40 PM

4 replies

Sep 22, 2013 3:47 PM in response to MacBookDare

See this thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5306216?tstart=0

FIX: 😊

1. You need Time Machine

2. Go to folder /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/

3. Copy AppleCamera.plugin to good place (usb memory stick is the best place).

4. Go to Time machine in date that skype work fine.

5. Change AppleCamera.plugin with file from Time Machine

6. Restart system, Now skype need to work with camera.

If that doesnt pass,

Suggest looking here, much success has been found:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Mac/OS-X-10-8-5-broke-Video-on-MacBook-Air/td-p/18 91729/page/4

Oct 14, 2013 7:27 PM in response to MacBookDare

I got an update yesterday which said specifically it was for the camera. I had originally restored the AppleCamera.plugin as others had described. However after the update my camera didn't work in /any/ app (tried Photo Booth, Facetime, and Skype). I restored the AppleCamera.plugin directory yet again and that made it work again. I'm wondering why the update fixed things for others.... maybe it didn't work because I had restored the old directory previously?

Oct 15, 2013 6:55 AM in response to JensJorgensen

If you're still having problems, try this:

(1) Restart Mac, repair permissions, then download and install OS X Mountain Lion Update v10.8.5 (Combo) (even if you have already updated.) Repair permissions again immediately following the restart that completes the Combo update. Test camera function. If you encounter a problem with third-party software like Skype, test more than one Apple camera app in more than one user account.

(2) If your problem continues, use OS X Recovery to reinstall Mac OS X Mountain Lion. Then use  > Software Update… to verify that all your software is up to date. Install any needed updates and repair permissions one more time.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.8.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.