Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flagged emails on iPhone 5s don't show up as flagged in Outlook

When I flag an email from my phone, the emails do show up as flagged on my phone only. On my desktop, in outlook, the emails do not show up as flagged. This is a new issue for me with the 5s. Anyone else having this issue. Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 8:12 AM

69 replies

Sep 23, 2013 10:18 AM in response to Copeb

Yes! Same issue here. Flagging doesn't sync with Exchange at work or on my personal Outlook.com email account. And my co-worker with an iPhone 5s is experiencing the same issue.

When I flag an email on my iPhone 5s, it doesn't sync that flag to the server. Ironically, it does sync when I mark an email unread and it can sync when unflagging an email (that was flagged using another email client).

Sep 24, 2013 9:52 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

I just spent some time in a chat session with an Apple support rep. They recommended resetting the network settings. That did not work. Then we deleted the Outlook account and recreated it. That did not work. Then we deleted the account and then reset the network settings and then recreated the account. That did not work.

I have a colleague at work running iOS 7 on his iPhone 4. The flagging is working normally for him. Apple told me to contact my work's IT department but they are scratching their heads.

Strangely, I now see that the problem is confined to flags that initiate from the phone. When I flag something on the computer's Outlook client then the flag makes it to the phone and if I unflag that message the message is then unflagged on the computer. But if I flag an email on the phone to begin with--it just sits on the phone. My IT group says they have no explanation at this point.

If anyone learns anything more helpful, I am all ears.

Sep 24, 2013 10:30 AM in response to Wattage

Exactly the same behavior that I'm seeing. I also have the same behavior with flags and Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail). So it's not just an enterprise IT problem. According to my coworker, who corroborated my flag findings with iPhone 5s running iOS 7.0.1 on our University Exchange server, did not have the same experience with Gmal. Gmail appears to acknowledge flag changes made from the iPhone 5s.

I think it's got to be 7.0.1 (or potentially iPhone5s - although I doubt it). Because, like I said previously, it's fine in iOS 7.0 on iPhone 5 and iPad 4.

Thanks for keeping the thread alive. I bet there are a lot more people with this issue that haven't spoken up yet or found this thread.

Sep 24, 2013 10:50 AM in response to Wattage

Same issue here. I am running iOS 7.0.1 on an iPhone 5s. I didn't notice if it was an issue before the update. I am using the Mail app on my iPhone, Mail on my Mac, and am on a University Exchange account. Flags from phone do not show up on Mail or on the online Outlook account, but flags from my computer do show up on the phone.

Hope they can resolve this soon!

Sep 24, 2013 5:18 PM in response to Copeb

I was going to try to restore a backup from pre-iOS 7.0.1 but it appears as though restoring from the backup will not change the iOS version. If anyone has a 5s still running 7 instead of 7.0.1 it would be interesting to know if the flagging problem was introduced by that update or if it is an iOS 7/5s problem as well.

Frustrating . . .

Flagged emails on iPhone 5s don't show up as flagged in Outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.