Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since upgrading to iOS7 many Outlook contacts addresses do no sync to my iPhone 4S.

Since upgrading to iOS7, many Outlook contact addresses will not sync to my iPhone 4S.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 12:00 PM

85 replies

Sep 23, 2013 1:14 PM in response to tsaainta

I've not experienced any trouble with my Outlook 2010. You can start out by going into iTunes and doing a reset sync history. You can also check your Outlook file with scanpst.exe on your computer. This checks the Outlook.pst file for any errors. Have you found that it will do things in one direction and not the other? Can you sync from the computer to the phone and not the other way, or from the phone to the computer but not the first way? Is calendar syncing? What user troubleshooting have you done?

Sep 23, 2013 1:55 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

New contacts created on the phone will sync completely to my computer, but only a few of my contacts on my computer have synced completely to the phone. Since upgrading to iOS7, most contacts on my phone do not have addresses, but a few do. The only info in the address field on my phone is either "US" or "United States of America". Calendar is syncing fine, as are other contact fields. I have tried resetting sync history in iTunes, have synced multiple times and also tried the "Advanced" option on iTunes "Info" page to replace the Contact info on my phone with info from the computer. No luck. (I'm also using Outlook 2010).

Sep 23, 2013 2:56 PM in response to tsaainta

That is really strange since I have not seen it where only a selected field is not syncing but the rest are. Again, I would recommend the scanpst.exe program I mentioned earlier. This is located on your Windows computer. Just do a search for it. And you will also need to locate your outlook.pst file to scan. Normally this is found in your Documents library. I have been using Outlook 2010 for a while and never experienced this before. You might also need to export your pst file to a new one and install that new pst file to your Outlook to see if replacing it works.

Sep 23, 2013 6:18 PM in response to tsaainta

Using the same installation of iTunes? If so, then I would have to say it is something corrupt on the phone. If you have all of your data on the computer and/or iCloud, you can always try to restore the phone as new, then sync all your content back. Do not use the backup to do it, sync it from the supported applications. Restore as new will delete all content from the phone, then install a new copy of the iOS, then you sync content back.

Sep 24, 2013 8:27 AM in response to tsaainta

I'm sorry, maybe I did not do a good job explaining my statement. In a later post, you state that everything is working fine for the iPad. Whereas the only difference between the two of them is the iOS version. I'm not certain, with my knowledge of Outlook, how it would only be the address field that is not syncing, while everything else is. You could try exporting your outlook data to a new file and uploading that as the new Outlook file. See if this corrects the problem. That would be up to you. You could also try restoring the phone as new and then try and sync the Outlook information over to it. Setting up as new will delete all data from the device. You could then sync all of your data back rather than restore from a backup. This provides for a clean slate to work with.

Have you tried to reset the sync history in preferences?

Since upgrading to iOS7 many Outlook contacts addresses do no sync to my iPhone 4S.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.