Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 is practically unusable on my iPhone 4, how can I downgrade?

First of all, I'm sorry if I put this in the wrong place, I'm couldn't find anywhere else where this would fit in. Anyway, a couple days ago I upgraded to iOS 7 and was almost immediatly dissapointed by how slow it ran on my iPhone 4. Texting and typing in general is a challange because there is a major delay on the keyboard. It often glitches up when I open apps, and it lags when I turn pages as well. It also seems to be very slow in sending and receiving iMessages and text messages.

Being that many of the special features were left out in the iPhone 4 version of iOS 7 anyway, I decided that I would try to downgrade and went into iTunes earlier in order to do so using the iOS 6.1.3 IPSW only to find that Apple has stopped signing iOS 6.

I am extremely upset and dissapointed by the performance of iOS 7 and angry that my iPhone is practically unusable, so I was wondering if there is any way at all that I can downgrade to iOS 6 so that my iPhone is once again usable so that I can actually enjoy contacting my friends and family.

Thanks in advance,

mslow3

iPhone 4

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 3:49 PM

25 replies

Sep 23, 2013 4:44 PM in response to mslow3

mslow3 wrote:

I have done some reasearch on the internet and it seems like this is happening to all iPhone 4 users. Apple needs to do something about this by the way of an update or allowing us to downgrade.

NO it is not happening to ALL iPhone 4 users. It is happening to all iPhone 4 users who post on the Internet that it happened to them - a tautology. There are probably somewhere around 100 million iPhone 4 users. Have you seen 100 million posts about it?

Sep 23, 2013 4:48 PM in response to mslow3

Actually, very few. You will only see negative comments on the internet when something isn't working. A majority of people will not go out of their way to go online and tell someone that their product is working perfectly - that would be a waste of time. You will only see a very small percentage of unhappy people who have something wrong with their device and are looking for help. For every person who posts on here about how their iPhone 4 isn't working, there are thousands of people out there whose iPhone 4's ARE working with iOS7

Sep 23, 2013 5:22 PM in response to mslow3

On my iPhone 4 I originally did an OS7 update of my OS6 install. This resulted in the phone being somewhat unusable as it was really slow and was about 2 steps behind what I was trying to get it to do. I then did a complete wipe and restore as a new phone. It was a lot of work to get everything loaded and have all the apps set up like I had them, but the result is it is running exactly like OS6 now.

iOS 7 is practically unusable on my iPhone 4, how can I downgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.