Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come I can't email my photos from my camera roll on iphone? It does allow me to send via text

How come I can't email photos from my camera roll on my iphone? I can send photos via text

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 6:42 PM

62 replies

Mar 8, 2017 3:42 PM in response to Squidgeybum

This was actually the most useful answer.

To anyone having this issue: Make sure only ONE mail is turned on. For my case, I had a yahoo and Gmail account's "Mail" turned on both at once - it automatically turns them on if you ever create both. Simply only have one account with mail turned on.

My assumption is that once one has both turned on, it doesn't know which account to send mail from, or it tries to send from both at once and seizes up.

Feb 11, 2017 1:44 PM in response to Eric6394610572

Thank you as well! My situation is the same (trying to email a photo in a message on my iPhone to my iMac) and I'm on the latest versions of iOS (10.2.1) and MacOS (10.12.3). It looks like somewhere along the way I forgot to change both the incoming and outgoing email passwords on the iPhone - once I reentered the outgoing password, everything started working again. All 10 messages that had been queued up in the outbox on the iPhone started sending, and I received them all on the iMac. Duhhh ;^)

Oct 3, 2013 8:09 AM in response to ckuan

Under Mail section I can select: Preview, Show to, Flag Style, Ask before deleting, Load remote images, Organize by thread, Always BCC myself, Increase quote level and Signature. Then it goes to contacts. Where would I select default account? When I go into Mail, Contacts, Calendar, under accounts, it has iCloud, Gmail and Add Account. So the gmail is already there? When I click on Gmail, it shows my email address and is green for mail, calendars and notes. Thanks for responding.

Oct 3, 2013 8:23 AM in response to ckuan

I have the new IOS7. It has been sporadic since I downloaded it. Worked fine before. Yes, I can send/receive fine on my gmail on the phone, but it doesn't recognize the gmail automatically anymore when I try to send a pic from the photo app. There isn't a "set default" option under signature on my phone. It jumps to contacts. I got it to work temporarily by going into the mail settings, turning the toggle to off, then back on, and it worked last night. Today doesn't work again.

Oct 7, 2013 7:15 AM in response to ckuan

Hi, my email started working again for sending images without me doing anything, then it stopped, and I couldn't even open my gmail from my phone. The iphone screen showed I had unread mail for my gmail, but when I clicked on it, it asked me to add my email account. I think there is some kind of bug in the IOS. The issue comes and goes.

How come I can't email my photos from my camera roll on iphone? It does allow me to send via text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.