Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I add songs to a playlist from another playlist in ios7?

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 8:53 AM

plz help

19 replies

Sep 27, 2013 6:53 AM in response to Mmatt J

I was able to add a play list from itunes on my computer to my iphone 4 by clicking the + button and highlighting songs. A box with the name Playlist appeared at the top of the list - which I highlighted and changed the name ... but when I synced my phone ...the songs were on my phone but the name of the playlist was PLAYLIST.

From my iphone at the top of the palylist section I selected playlist and the named the playlist "AT THE BEACH" ... A blank playlist appeared with the correct name ... but I cant move my songs from PLAYLIST (that contains all the songs) to AT THE BEACH or change the name of PLAYLIST

RRRRRRRR😕

Jan 22, 2014 5:40 PM in response to Mmatt J

I also felt this problem when iOS7 came out and waited patiently for apple to realize there error. They have been pretty good at listening to users and resolving problems quickly. However now that it has been several months I feel apple should be ashamed of themselves for removing this feature and not taking the iOS7 problems seriously.

One of the worst problems that come from this is when a user purchases a new song from iTunes and they can not add that to a desired play list without knowing something like the name of the song or artist name. This has limited my purchases on iTunes and will continue to limit my purchasing until it is resolved. I have to laugh when I see the TV commercials that have apple showing how awesome the music feature is on the iPhone. Removal of this feature has ruin the music experience for me and other I have talked to.

For the first time since I purchase the original iPhone I am looking at purchasing a different phone. Too bad Apple has not taken this problem and other problems on iOS7 seriously as it will result in a loss of happy customers.

-A Very Unhappy iOS7 user!

Jan 30, 2014 11:17 AM in response to Mmatt J

It's a pain.

I found you can only add songs to a playlist when it's new. Do Make new playlist > Edit , then go to Songs and there are the little plus signs to add songs. As far as I can see, once you've done that and pressed Done you can't add any more 😟. How stupid.

Also, in iTunes you can make a playlist, add songs, and then just drag the playlist to the iphone in the sidebar. Not really the point, though.

Feb 1, 2014 3:10 PM in response to Ashley Blyth

Hi Ashely,

So it looks llke you are not running iOS 7 or you did not read the post correctly. This is a problem with adding songs to a playlist from another playlist. You have answered a different question. Please take the time to understand the question before offering solutions. This feature was on previous iOS versions and presents a problem for many of us that were familure with this method of adding songs. This is something Apple will need to re-code into the iOS software not something that can be fixed by clicking "Edit".

Cheers

Feb 1, 2014 5:49 PM in response to Mmatt J

This is getting ridiculous. Still no fix. Is it just me and the few other posters on this thread? Do I use my music differently to most users? I have thousands of songs and many are pre iTunes and many aren't properly indexed, but that's not my issue. It's almost always recent iTunes purchases that I want to listen to, but Apple removing this option means I can't playlist them. If I want to create a playlist I obviously don't know in advance exactly which songs I want to put on it. So what I used to be able to do was browse my Purchased and other recently created playlists. No one has the time to search their whole collection. But that's what you have to do now. It's insane. Last week I found and played a song I wanted to hear, then I thought of another one that I wanted to hear next, then realised iTunes still has no queue function (unlike my iRiver from about 15 years ago). So I thought - I know, I'll just throw together a playlist of songs I want to listen to right now. Nope, that's right, I can't do that either - because of this very problem. I can't find the stuff that I bought recently or the stuff that I want to hear now without coming up with a title or artist. I don't understand why no one at Apple has had and raised this problem. Am I missing something? I notice they did add a store link to the playlist screen - is this somehow about making money? I just don't get it

Feb 16, 2014 12:58 PM in response to Mmatt J

What is even more infuriating is this from iPhone 5s "tips":

Create playlists

In the Music app, tap Playlists, then tap Add Playlist and give it a name. Now tap any song or video to add it to the playlist. You can add individual songs, entire albums, or all songs by an artist.

Well, yes, IF YOU ADD THEM ONE SONG AT A TIME!!! Apple are you just lying liars, or did your "tips" writer not have a clue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.