Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS7 BUG? ALL MY NOTES disappeared. WHY?

I did NOTHING unusual today. Went to work, lunch time, got my phone out. Wanted to check some notes.

Opened the app and..........ALL NOTES ARE GONE.

Wow!

Screw APPLE. This is pathetic (as well as your new iOS "look")

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 12:24 PM

130 replies

Sep 25, 2013 12:45 PM in response to raymond73

Yet I did, weeks ago. But that doesn't matter. I see NO NOTES in my NOTES app. They just disappeared. They were there yesterday.

I checked the email acct associated with the NOTES app in the NOTES settings. CHECK.... no change.

I checked the NOTES folder in the actual email acct (from a web browser). CHECK.... all notes are there!!!

But the iOS7 NOTES app shows NO NOTES. That is screwed.

Also noticed in my iOS7 NOTES app, there is NO "Accounts" option in the upper left side of screen. Using an iPhone 4s. On an iPhone 5, the "Accounts" option appears.

I just created a new NOTE in the iOS7 NOTES app. The note did NOT end up in the NOTES folder in the email account associated with the iOS7 NOTES app.

An obvious bug.

What next Apple? Are all my contacts going to disapper as well?

Sep 26, 2013 11:00 PM in response to thespaciousmind

i am having the EXACT same problem with my 4s i just noticed it today. the last note i entered was a few days ago. when i log into my gmail and icloud accounts all my notes are there. but on my iphone no matter what i select in settings as my default notes when i go into the app the accounts option link is completely gone. both accounts are turned on and looks to be syncing in the settings.

::FIX::

[as i was typing this i was in the middle of updating to 7.0.2 and my phone just came back from the restart. i rechecked and my notes are back. not sure if it was the restart or the update but now its fixed]

Sep 29, 2013 5:19 PM in response to boogaboo214

Boogaloo!!!! Thank you! After my ios7 upgrade, I lost various original song lyrics, inspiration/writing notes, and general notes (from recording sessions). Needless to say, I was furious about the loss! I just found them hiding in Yahoo. I have been an ipad user since 2nd gen and I have never experienced anything like this horrible upgrade. I can get used to the hideous colors, but man, apps have to be stable!

Oct 13, 2013 9:19 AM in response to Maxjoezak

You go under settings>mail contacts and calenders and turn your notes off under your email.. It is nothing to do with apple it is a sync that is set up by your email and yahoo in particular is the worst one that it happens in and they pride themselves in this one way sync..

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3688&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ ML

check out this link for yahoo to see for yourself

Oct 13, 2013 9:23 AM in response to sharon.ryan

@sharon.ryan... look at the fix that I posted it will tell you how to fix it.. it is not an apple thing it is an email thing by turning your notes, calenders or contacts on under your email settings on the phone you are telling it that you want it to sync with your email.. if you only want mail to sync with your phone then turn all others off and they will no longer sync to your email and not the phone apps

iOS7 BUG? ALL MY NOTES disappeared. WHY?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.