Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather app gives incorrect temperature

After ios7 upgrade iphone weather app gives wrong current temp. Rest of info and forecast seems ok

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 8:01 PM

62 replies

Jun 20, 2017 5:17 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I agree. In this case it was quite obvious the weather app was set in Fahrenheit and not in Celsius as 18°C ~ 64F (technically Fahrenheit doesn't use the degree (°) symbol even though Apple's app does 😏)

However the initial comment still applies, this app occasionally "gets stuck" somehow and will show incorrect temperature for whatever reason?

Nov 13, 2013 1:36 AM in response to rkoincu

I have been seeing the same problem. I downloaded the Yahoo weather app to see if this discrepancy was with Yahoo but the app gives a correct temperature while iOS still gives almost 10° off. This is quite strange since iOS is supposed to be using yahoo weather data. Could this be an iOS bug? I really don't understand why Apple doesn't just integrate the entire Yahoo weather app with maps and all.

Nov 14, 2013 1:00 PM in response to rkoincu

Same with me. Usually the iOS native yahoo weather app is somewhat close, but I noticed today (because I don't normally look at it) that the temp for my current location is stuck at the forecasted low temperature. The same is true for my ipad app (non-native yahoo weather app). Looking at three other apps including my go-to Accuweather displays the correct temp. I then looked at Yahoo weather web page with location services on with both devices, and Yahoo still displays the same low temperature.

One limitation the Yahoo weather has always had is displaying the temp for Summerhaven, AZ the same value as is displayed for Tucson, even though Summerhaven is approximately 5000' plus higher elevation and averages 20 degrees F cooler than Tucson. No other apps or sources of weather information do this.

These errors occur whether or not current location is used.

Dec 4, 2013 5:54 PM in response to jason285

While I completely agree with your scenario of the major difference in temperature between Tucson (as a whole) and Summerhaven, the problem is not as strange as this silly weather app showing sunrise in DeFuniak Springs, FL where we live now. All other cities near and across the nation, set on my weather app on my iPhone 5 iOS7.0.4 show correct sunrise times. My iPhone has been reset at least a dozen times since noticing this odd error. It consistently lists our sunrise as 11:45 PM - NIT what time the sun rises in "these here parts"!

Jan 22, 2014 12:25 AM in response to rkoincu

My iphone 5S (latest iOS) has been showing a temp of 32F for the last 4 weeks. It's in Nashville, TN and the actual temp right now is 11F (cold for TN). I've deleted the city and reselected it over and over. I've turned my phone off and on numerous times. I tried soft reset and hard reset. No change. I'm fed up with all the glitches (more issues for other threads). Any suggestions??

Thanks.

Jan 25, 2014 9:24 AM in response to rkoincu

Felipe - thank you for your reply but I pretty sure I can tell the difference between 32F (0°C) and 11F (-11.7°C). (...and no, Fahrenheit scale does not use the degree ° symbol.)

Besides, think about it, is it even logical for ANY place on earth to keep the very same temperature day in and day out? 3am, 8am, 11am, 4pm, 11pm, etc., etc.??

For months? Yeah, I didn't think so. ...and just to make a point, yes I checked it. The actual temperature variation was 20F (-6.7°C) to 46F (7.9°C) yet my iPhone showed 32F (0°C). Which is what it's showing right now...

I have emailed yahoo but so far no reply.

Jan 25, 2014 10:10 AM in response to apple-av8or

You never did say where you got the other, correct, temperature from, and I did not imply that you did not know how to tell the "difference". Sometimes the Yahoo information is in error because the info they get the info from NWS which might be mistaken because the stations reporting might not be reporting in or out of comission beacuse of some malfunction. I just asked you to verify the Yahoo info elsewhere to make sure that the problem was not at the source, in order to make sure that the app was or was not malfunctioning.

No need to throw a hissy fit.

Weather app gives incorrect temperature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.