Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant delete music from my iphone since downloading iOS 7 i have tried synching it and making sure that i only download checked songs bt still wont get rid of them..can anyone help?

After downloading ios7 i cant delete msuic from my iphone can anyone help?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 1:01 PM

Hello Amanda,

I wonder if you are seeing your iTunes in the Cloud purchases. The items you see with the iCloud icon next to them are purchased songs that you can stream from iTunes in the Cloud. You can hide these songs in Settings on the iPhone:

Just show music that’s been downloaded from iCloud: Go to Settings > Music, then turn off Show All Music.

These steps are from the iPhone User Guide:

iPhone User Guide

http://help.apple.com/iphone/7/#/iph6e2dfb83

If there are just specific songs you would like to hide, you can hide them using the iTunes Store on your computer:

To hide your purchases

1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
  2. From the Store menu, choose Store > Sign In, and then enter your Apple ID and password.
  3. Go to the iTunes Store.
  4. Click Purchased from the Quick Links section on the right side of the iTunes Store.
  5. Choose a content type by clicking on Music, TV Shows, Apps, or Books from top.
  6. Hover your cursor over the item you want to hide.
  7. You will see an "X" either to the right or left top corner of the item. User uploaded file
  8. Click the "X" to hide that item. A confirmation dialog will appear once you click the "X."

Once you hide the songs on your computer, I recommend quitting and relaunching the Music app on your iPhone. You can find more information about hiding purchases here:

iTunes Store: Hiding and unhiding purchases

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4919

If the songs do not display a cloud icon next to them, try deleting them directly from the iPhone using these steps:

1. Tap the Music app.
  2. Tap the Songs category.
  3. Swipe left to right over the song you want to delete.
  4. Tap Delete.

How to delete content you've downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, iBookstore, or Mac App Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5772

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

79 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2013 1:01 PM in response to amandac858

Hello Amanda,

I wonder if you are seeing your iTunes in the Cloud purchases. The items you see with the iCloud icon next to them are purchased songs that you can stream from iTunes in the Cloud. You can hide these songs in Settings on the iPhone:

Just show music that’s been downloaded from iCloud: Go to Settings > Music, then turn off Show All Music.

These steps are from the iPhone User Guide:

iPhone User Guide

http://help.apple.com/iphone/7/#/iph6e2dfb83

If there are just specific songs you would like to hide, you can hide them using the iTunes Store on your computer:

To hide your purchases

1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
  2. From the Store menu, choose Store > Sign In, and then enter your Apple ID and password.
  3. Go to the iTunes Store.
  4. Click Purchased from the Quick Links section on the right side of the iTunes Store.
  5. Choose a content type by clicking on Music, TV Shows, Apps, or Books from top.
  6. Hover your cursor over the item you want to hide.
  7. You will see an "X" either to the right or left top corner of the item. User uploaded file
  8. Click the "X" to hide that item. A confirmation dialog will appear once you click the "X."

Once you hide the songs on your computer, I recommend quitting and relaunching the Music app on your iPhone. You can find more information about hiding purchases here:

iTunes Store: Hiding and unhiding purchases

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4919

If the songs do not display a cloud icon next to them, try deleting them directly from the iPhone using these steps:

1. Tap the Music app.
  2. Tap the Songs category.
  3. Swipe left to right over the song you want to delete.
  4. Tap Delete.

How to delete content you've downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, iBookstore, or Mac App Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5772

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Sep 29, 2013 7:49 PM in response to hello-nature

Here is the definitive way to get rid of all your songs - at least from an iPhone 4 running Ios 7.

You are on the right track by turning off "Show All Music" under Settings --> Music

Next step

Settings --> General --> Usage --> Click on Music and then swipe right to left to bring up the delete option

If you wish to delete a single song, you must first turn off "show all music" you will then be able to swipe right to left to bring up the delete option inside of the "Music App"

Hope this works for you!

Oct 28, 2013 2:34 PM in response to amandac858

None of this works I even tried the "definitive" way and when I get to my music under usage in settings and at first it said no data.. Then I went back to it and it said I have 1 gig of music but it wouldn't show the songs in there.. I've tried turning the show all music button on and off and there r some songs that u just can't slide away... Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?? Either something is wired with my phone or no one knows what they're talking about

Oct 29, 2013 4:47 PM in response to sdarrow1

I think something happened with the latest update for the new iOS. I HAD deleted the songs I didn't want on my iPhone using the above method, but since I last updated the iOS they all came back and now I can't get them to go away again...

So - the situation has changed. Something IS weird with the iOS AND no one knows what to do now that it has changed. Or - that's what I think. If someone finds a fix I'd appreciate a heads up!

Oct 30, 2013 11:54 PM in response to sdarrow1

Yes I have an iPad3 and iPhone4S I am experiencing the same problem very annoying! These randomly downloaded tracks that I have not chosen will not delete in the song view of the music app, when you swipe to the left on them the delete option does not appear but music I have chosen to download the delete option does appear. I have tried by deleting all music then starting again but the problem just reap eats, it is linked to the iTunes Match service I think? I have also reset both devices and the problem still persist!

Come on please fix Apple!

Nov 24, 2013 12:15 PM in response to amandac858

Bullocks to all these solutions. There IS simple way and I just figured it out. After searching many different times (on forums) to get ride of a few songs I just got frustrated with problems that might undo all the work I put in getting my favorite songs on my phone.

Here it is:

1) Turn ON "Show all music".

2) Go to Album where the song exists and notice the cloud option is there, even though it is already on your phone. Ok, you know how to get to the end from here. But for those of you who don want to figure out the rest:

a) download it

b) go back to settings and turn OFF "Show all songs"

c) go back to song and swipe to the left. BOOM

Can't believe this has been so elusive to experts (I am not one, not even close).

i cant delete music from my iphone since downloading iOS 7 i have tried synching it and making sure that i only download checked songs bt still wont get rid of them..can anyone help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.