Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! iPod Touch 2nd Gen says connect to iTunes but nothing happends

Hello,

Recently I bought a broken iPod Touch to repair it. I took it to the Apple store to see what they said was bad so I could fix it, and they said it was the battery. Basicly it would turn on but the iPod Touch would say "Connect to iTunes" and have the end of a USB cable pointing to the iTunes logo. I couldn't power off, or do anything. There was no charging bar at the top, just kinda the picture.

User uploaded file

This is what it looks like. Nodice it does not have a bar on top like it says it's charging or anything.

They said it was the battery, so I opened it, and I changed the battery with a brand new OEM one. It worked beacuse it turns on, but however, it's doing the same thing. Help?

Thanks,

Windowssonic.

iPod touch (2nd generation), iOS 4.1

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 8:23 AM

3 replies

Sep 29, 2013 8:28 AM in response to Windowssonic

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem

Help! iPod Touch 2nd Gen says connect to iTunes but nothing happends

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.