Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some emails not showing up in OSX mail

I've recently had an issue where I'll notice an email on my iphone but when I try to find it in OSX mail on my Macbook Pro, its not there. Searching for it show up no results.

There will be plenty of other emails from that account received after the missing email should appear, so its not like the email account itself isn't working, just the occaisional email.

These emails have so far been from contacts that I regularly communicate with.

They are not in the bulk or trash folders.

The account that I've noticed this happening in is a Yahoo account, not sure if its happening with other accounts. If I log onto the yahoo account directly through a browser, the emails are there where they're supposed to be.

This is a big problem as it means that I run the risk of missing important emails. In fact, just then when I checked yahoo directly, I found a 3 day old email from someone that I was a bit angry with for not getting back to me!!!

Any help soving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

If someone can suggest a good alternative to OSX mail that'd be great too. Unfortunately this is just one of many ongoing issues I've had with OSX mail

Thanks.

Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7,

OSX 10.8.5

Mail 6.6

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 9:30 PM

27 replies

Oct 2, 2013 8:12 AM in response to CommanderCool

It's not just CommanderCool - this just started happening to me today. I can see the email messages in my IMAP webmail client and on my iPhone, but they don't appear in my OSX 10.8.5 mail client. Rebuilding the mail box forces the messages to appear but that's not something I want to have to do every time I want to check for new mail. Clearly the latest update to the mail client has gone pear-shaped.

Message was edited by: KubuliJohn

Dec 9, 2013 9:57 AM in response to CommanderCool

Same problem here. I use OSX 10.9 and OSX Mail 7.0.

Mails do come in (I see a message of incoming mail in the mail activity corner). But for some reason some emails simply don't show up anywhere in the folders/boxes of Mail. Other emails do arrive and are displayed normally.

I have rebuilt mailboxes and also reindexed messages. I don't use AVAST.

Anyone suggestions?

Dec 9, 2013 10:25 AM in response to CommanderCool

An update from me. I've partly solved the problem, but it makes things a bit weird. Though the answer might be more easy now to the techguys amoung you. I hope so, because I now can't trust OSX Mail anymore.

We have 3 apple computers, 2 oldies with PPC, and a very new one.

When I sent an email from the old computers to the new one an email with the German word 'potenziell' does not show up in any of the email boxes, though it clearly shows that an email is arriving. The problem is not related to the server, because on both the older computer these emails are normally arriving and displayed.

I don't have a email/spam filter actived in OSX mail. I do have a couple of rules, but as far as I know never used the word 'potenziell' (which means something like 'potentially').

Any clues?

Some emails not showing up in OSX mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.