Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5S home button seems loose.

The home button on my iPhone has a strange feel to it after about of week of use. When I press it, there is a slight click before the actual button press. It's really noticable when I double-click it for multi-task. Also, the touch-id won't work when the button is loose. Anyone else have a similar problem?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 4:05 PM

73 replies

Oct 10, 2013 7:33 AM in response to andyrpeteron

I just got my iphone 5S gold today and the Home button feels loose also doesnt feel sturdy enough and it does make a loud clicking sound my old iphone 5 home button felt sturdy this one feels like its going to fail pretty soon. im not sure if this is normal but to me it seems like a flaw since it could be some of the first iphone 5S batches

Nov 8, 2013 9:46 AM in response to andyrpeteron

I've been using my iPhone for about four weeks. And I have just started to notice that the home button feels a little loose. It was a little startling because I haven't had the phone for more than a month yet and something is already going wrong. My Touch-ID still works perfectly but it feels like it's going to break here in the near future. I hope that Apple will do something to fix this if it does in fact go kablooey. I haven't dropped it at all and it's been in the iPhone 5S case since day one so it's in very good condition.

Nov 10, 2013 3:16 PM in response to andyrpeteron

Same here as well- I exchanged my first iphone 5S a couple weeks ago under warranty for a defect in the oleophobic coating (had this weird smudge that you clean off, but once you started using the phone it would return.. and was visable against light backgrounds). Now this one has the 'double click' sound, if I'm push down the home button for a few a seconds it'll go away for a while- I'm guessing part of the adhesive isn't holding properly. I'll probably hold off on try to exchange it again- this one does much better with it's touchid sensor. The first one would give me a 'try again' 50% of the time for any of the fingers I programmed it for, even after relearning. The new I haven't received a single false negative yet.

iPhone 5S home button seems loose.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.