Previous 1 2 3 Next 35 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2015 1:57 PM by crcozen
maclover_it Level 1 (0 points)

Hello evryone,

I'm facing a pretty annoying issue."

Two items I've purchased on iTunes using my iPad running iOS 7.0.2 keep returning an error message that they can't "be downloaded at this time".

As one is a song, I've downloaded it nicely on the iPhone, hence I can tell it's not a server related or specific file issue, just some annoying bug in iTunes

So far I've tried pretty much everything, with no luck:

- close iTunes app and relaunch it

- gard resetting the iPad (holding jome and power button)

- reset all setting

- swipe finger right to left over athe item (nothing happens)

Seems there's no way to remove an item in the download queue, even there's an "edit" button in the top left corner. It produces no effect.

Any hint? I'd really would like to avoid restoring the iPad from scratch!

Thank you

• Diavonex Level 9 (66,545 points)

Try downloading on iTune (computer) and sync to iPad.

• maclover_it Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks for this suggestion.

I've used the "check available downloads" in iTunes and is now downloading the song I've purchased but not the movie I've rented - these are the two items stuck on the iTunes queue of my my iPad.

iPad is at home, I'll try a sync tonight and will report back - didn't do that for months, just relying on iCloud

Hi again

unfortunately this didn't work.

My rented movie and purchased song are still stuck in iTunes queue on the iPad

I giess they are fully downloaded but hangs on the "processing" step and everytime I hit the pointing down arrow button again, I always get the same message that the item can't be downloaded.

For what is worth, the song is inmy library and I can play it (guess iTunes Match helps here) while the rented movie in not showing up anywhere

Try and deleted the rented movie here:

Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Videos

Thanks Diavonex

I did think of this already, but rented movies aren't showing in there

Can you download movie on iTune (computer)?

• kuubemasta Level 1 (0 points)

I am having the exact same issue. My TV show download is stuck on the processing step and keeps giving download error. I cannot even delete the pending download to retry:(

• Smassoud Level 1 (0 points)

It's quite frustrating that even though we are posting this issue on the apple website, no-one from the apple side even bothers to come to help us find a solution to this annoying issue.

• rryanp Level 1 (0 points)

I get this exact same issue--downloads get to Processing and then just stop.  I've been running a restore from the cloud for five days now and it's still going.  I'm not sure if it's related to these stalled iTunes downloads, but I suspect that it is.  So frustrating you can't even stop or delete the download--the one that's stalling I don't even want!!!

Problem is still here and it's getting even worse. Many movies, even if expired, are still sitting in the rental tab with a little cloud in the lower right corner of each one.

Can't delete them...

One download is stuck again in the meantime: this happened several times now but a hard reset (home + power button) always helped; movie had to be fully downloaded again but eventually worked. Now even hard reset is unuseful...

• cootijee Level 1 (0 points)

Hi,

Not sure if your issue is the same as mine but i tried to download the Hobbit from iCloud onto my iPad Mini. I got a download error and a prompt to retry. It remained there everytime i logged into iTunes on the iPad which started to annoy me.

This is what i did to remove it.

The download was 5.36 GB so realising i didn't have enough space on my iPad i began to backup some of the important data and had a clearout at the same time. I freed up around 2 GB's worth of data which left me with around 7.3 GB space.

I then went back into the downlaods folder on iTunes, tapped retry next to movie and hey presto it was gone.

• Yaz82 Level 1 (0 points)

Help! I too have this issue on my iPad mini and the song is stuch in the download try. It doen't allow me to delete it. Every time I try and download it again, I get the error message. I even deleted the song from purchased and trying to download it again and it has not worked either. PLEASE HELP!

• Renzcalano Level 1 (0 points)

Mine is so annoying. I accidentally tapped hd and i dont have enough memory in my ipad. What happened was it kept on downloading until it ate all my memory and now i cant erase the movie, i backed up and did the restore and almost everything else.

• sean1602 Level 1 (0 points)

Same issue here.   Rented Elysium, it downloaded the whole movie, but stuck on "processing".   Does not show up in videos, can't delete, can't play, can't redownload.   Its eating the memory, but not showing up.

Grrrr.

Previous 1 2 3 Next