Skip navigation

Ios 7 apps refresh

12712 Views 61 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2014 8:30 AM by tomsruk RSS Branched to a new discussion.
1 2 3 ... 5 Previous Next
Solarc Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 2, 2013 8:20 PM

Why is it when I am multi-tasking between apps that when going back to an app like safari the page will reload. I was checking out on a web page shopping cart and went to my email for a second and when I came back to safari by double click home button and select safari the page refreshed and I had to start over with the purchase. This also happens when just visiting standard pages.  I have ios 7.02 11a501.

I have noticed others apps doing the same type thing such as Dropbox. When viewing a PDF switch between apps and back the PDF will reload and you are returned to the top of the document. Please help!

Mac mini (Mid 2011), iOS 7.0.2, 11a501
  • Diavonex Level 9 Level 9 (58,700 points)
    Oct 2, 2013 8:25 PM (in response to Solarc)

SettingGeneral>Background App Refresh>Off

Oct 2, 2013 8:36 PM (in response to Solarc)

There must be a way to add more to the list. I must confess that I have not spent time exploring it

Oct 2, 2013 8:46 PM (in response to Solarc)

You are most welcome

Oct 2, 2013 9:14 PM (in response to Solarc)

Thank you for your feedback

Not sure why.

• MDA1906 Calculating status...
    Oct 3, 2013 2:04 PM (in response to Solarc)

I am having the same issue as well. I called into the app tech team and the rep stated it isn't a known issue. He reqested for me to reset all settings. O_o I'll try it and then restore but I don't think that's the issue. I'm on here looking for a resolution.

• Scanerack Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Oct 14, 2013 9:26 PM (in response to MDA1906)

Im having the same problem and its driving me crazy!

this is meant to be the best multi tasking ever, what a load of crap

Ive searched all over the net to try and find answers to this but nothing.

Hopefully Apple will realise they have an issue with this and rectify it

• Tooobiii Calculating status...
    Oct 23, 2013 11:26 PM (in response to Solarc)

I have the same issue and it makes me very unhappy wirh the new iOS 7. In my opinion this is a very big problem to correctly use the iPad.

Apple please fix that mistake!

• TT312 Calculating status...
    Oct 26, 2013 11:45 PM (in response to Solarc)

I'm getting very irritated by this issue also! It's driving me crazy! Because I'll be playing a game and get interrupted by a phone call or text that I have to respond, and when I come back to the game it refreshed and I lose my life!! In the older iOS versions, I was able to switch between the apps with no problem, and it only refreshed if left unattended for too long! I didn't find a lot of discussions on this so I don't know if apple is going to fix it or not. Maybe they think this is not an issue at all? This is so disappointing to me along with all the other problems that I'm having, I'm seriously considering switching to android.

• Scanerack Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Oct 27, 2013 2:01 AM (in response to Solarc)

I contacted tech support and they didn't have a clue!

All I was told to do was reset my setting and try a restore.

I don't think Apple want to admit that their multi tasking doesn't work properly.

It's exact same on my wife's ipad 3 as it is on my mini.

I hope something happens quickly as it's useless as it is.......

• Courcoul Level 6 Level 6 (11,175 points)
    Oct 27, 2013 3:10 AM (in response to Solarc)

I'd update to 7.0.3 and try again. They did correct many of 7's quirks & glitches (including the parallax barfarama) so this might have been dealt with already.

1 2 3 ... 5 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.