Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brother printer/scanner DCP-115c keeps giving error codes: MTW005 and CC031

I have recently bought myself a MacBookPro OS X 10.8.5. 🙂

Completely satisfied exept the problems I have with my Brother DCP-115C printer/scanner. It's been bugging me for a few week now and even today I have been trying to solve the problem for over 3 hours now. Totally frustrating. 😢

Apple recognizes the Brother device as soon as I plug in the USB-cable. It downloads software automatically. Unfortunately the printer and scanner both do not work. Then I did a software update and the printer works fine, so far so good. No luck for the scanner, but apprantly I needed to download the TWAIN/Control Center 2 from solutions.brother.com.

That's what I did, searched the proper download for my OS X and not one second after the download was complete there were 2 different error's: MTW005 and CC031. I downloaded it again. And again. Still no luck. Rebooted the system. No luck. Switched the Brother on and off. No luck.

Searched the internet but only found problems from other people who tried to use the device from a network. I'm not working on a netwerk. It's connected directly to my MacBook. I'm lost. Have send three messages to Brother, no reply.

Anyone?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), New Apple user, new Apple lover :-)

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 4:24 AM

9 replies

Jul 2, 2017 9:47 AM in response to boandaropax

Found the solution here:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=au&lang=en&prod=mfcj5910dw_all&faqi d=faq00002585_000 .

1. 1. Open your Control Center icon.
  2. 2. In the printer model number drop down box, select “Other”.
  3. 3. The Device Selector box pops up, and you should see your printer model listed here.
  4. 4. In the status area:
    1. a. If it says “Offline”, then click the “-“ sign to remove it.
    2. b. If it says “Idle”, then this solution is not your problem.
  5. 5. Click the “+” sign to add back in the printer and select your model from the list.
  6. 6. Now the status should say “Idle”.
  7. 7. Click “Okay” and you’re done.

Worked perfectly for me to get the scanner back online.

Brother printer/scanner DCP-115c keeps giving error codes: MTW005 and CC031

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.