Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After iCloud sync, iCal is stuck "Upgrading iCal Calendars..."

Hi everyone,

In trying to sync my iCal to the iCloud, my iCal entered an update.

This update has remained on my computer for prolonged period of time and does not seem to stop. I force quit the program, updated the computer, and restarted it.

After all of that, I re-opened iCal and it went straight back into "uprading iCal calendars..."

I really need help with this! It's my first week of work and my boss asked me to sync up our calendars. iCloud seemed like a good option until this just happened! I have no idea what to do.

iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 4:13 PM

This response worked for me:

Ferd II Oak Harbor, Washington

birddogdesign,

Quit iCal, go to your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Calendars folder, and delete all files with the name "Calendar Cache."

Then log out/in or restart and see what happens when you restart iCal.

IMac 24"/2.4GHZ/320GB/SD/AP/BT; iMac G4 17 80 GB 1.25GHZ, Mac OS X (10.6.7), iPad 3G, iPhone 4, 20GB iPod Color, iPod shuffle

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2013 4:13 PM in response to mbwalsh1990

This response worked for me:

Ferd II Oak Harbor, Washington

birddogdesign,

Quit iCal, go to your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Calendars folder, and delete all files with the name "Calendar Cache."

Then log out/in or restart and see what happens when you restart iCal.

IMac 24"/2.4GHZ/320GB/SD/AP/BT; iMac G4 17 80 GB 1.25GHZ, Mac OS X (10.6.7), iPad 3G, iPhone 4, 20GB iPod Color, iPod shuffle

Jan 16, 2014 3:32 PM in response to radschick

On Lion it is hard to access the Library folder. I used Spotlight to find "calendar cache", clicked on it in the Spotlight list, and saw a textedit version. I command-clicked on the file name and then clicked on the folder in the drop down list. Then I deleted the file "calendar cache" from that folder.

When I restarted my MacBook, iCal started up with the same "Upgrading" message. Oh, great! But after a few minutes that message went away.

Even after all this fuss and bother, I still have duplicates. I don't think I'll run Calendar Cleaner again to remove them. Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Apple operating systems:) "The computer for the rest of us"??

After iCloud sync, iCal is stuck "Upgrading iCal Calendars..."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.