Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 clapping and crackling issues with Logic Pro x new iMac 27"

Hi, I have just purchased a brand new iMac and downloaded Logic Pro x, I also purchased the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface. I have downloaded the drivers from the focusrite website and everything is set up, when I plug in guitar or mic I get really bad clapping and crackling to the point where the sound cuts out altogether. I have changed buffer size and sample rates and everything else I can think of but nothing seems to fix the problem. I also deleted the 2i2 drivers and logic and reinstalled them both but still have the same issue, when I record using the iMac built in mic everything is fine so it's deffinately something to do with the interface. I am waiting to hear back from Focusrite tech help. Does anyone else have this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 8:42 PM

53 replies

Oct 8, 2013 1:32 AM in response to StevieElliot

I'm having a similar issue which might indicate that the problem is not your interface.

Yesterday I migrated all my stuff from my 2009 iMac to a brand new iMac 27", and when I did a quick test to play back some old projects in Logic there was loads of annoying clicks and pops. My interface is a Roland Octa-Capture.

I also noticed some weird CPU spikes from time to time, which I never had on my older, much less powerful iMac...

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 clapping and crackling issues with Logic Pro x new iMac 27"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.