Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voicemail messages won't delete on 7.0.2

since i've updated to ios 7.0 and then to 7.0.2, I can't delete voicemail messages all the time. They will delete and then reappear 1-3 seconds later. It sometimes acts like the screen freezes up. Verizon it the cell carrier. Any ideas?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2013 8:07 AM

88 replies

Jul 27, 2017 5:22 PM in response to SnackyApple

I signed in just to thank you!! I set my VM up today, and for some reason I could delete my voicemails by calling and deleting them, but I couldn't delete them out of my visual voicemail list. It would just reappear one second later. If you are like me, this was driving me NUTS!! I tried the airplane mode workaround, and it worked perfectly!! Thank you so so much!!! 😄

Oct 17, 2013 10:55 AM in response to dkruse79

A little help here Apple? This question is over a week old. I've been having this issue since the update. I've tried wiping my phone and reinstalling ios 7.0.2. Still having the same problem. Sometimes the messages delete for a few minutes, sometimes for a few days but they magically reappear again. This is VERY annoying and really frustrating. I'm using an iphone 5 with ATT so it is not mutually exclusive to Verizon.

Nov 1, 2013 12:13 PM in response to dkruse79

Yes - same problem here - iPhone 5s - 7.0.2 - AT&T - my mailbox gets filled up and am not able to take work calls - PLEASE HELP APPLE!!! I delete them and they come back (some delete permenantely, but I cannot get a pattern to those that delete and those that remain. I still have messages from the first day I had the iPhone that wont go away.

Nov 1, 2013 12:57 PM in response to dkruse79

I just upgraded my old dependable Android 2 by Motorola (on which voice mail was not an issue at all) for my first iPhone 5s running rls 7.0.2. Yes, I exhibit the same problem with Visual voice mails not able to be removed from the phone. Removing them from the voice mail box on Verizon was painless. Dear Apple, how are you going to fix this bug or provide a work-around ? Please respond, Thank you!

Nov 2, 2013 8:27 PM in response to dkruse79

yep so am I.... I have 107 messages. Deleted all the messages that were saved after I had deleted them once. I hearing that if you "clear history" that it will resolve this issue. I however have a couple that I want to save. I did try and go and delete the majority but they call came back. Please if anyone resolves this issue by clearing the history of messages then let me know. Good luck. At the moment. I am guessing my business won't be having a voice mail on Monday. Kinda ridiculous since apple has already dealt with this problem in 6.0.

Nov 4, 2013 10:37 PM in response to dkruse79

Hey everyone. I also have the same issue with the voicemail not deleting. I found that if you call your voicemail by pressing and holding 1 or by dialing your number and getting into your voicemail system and deleting through there it has been working for me. Hope this helps until apple fixes just another bug with iOS 7.

Nov 6, 2013 7:38 AM in response to dkruse79

Hello Magnum6

I didn't mention that I had previous to this dialed into my voice mail (Verizon) and deleted them (They were in the "Saved Messages" section of the provider VM box. It was the text part of the voice mail that kept reappearing. So the procedure that worked for me was: Delete VM from provider voice mail box, observe that visual part of voice mail remained and would not delete, turned on Airplane mode, Hit Edit on Visual VM, deleted the messages, Went into Deleted messages, Hit Clear All, Messages went away, then turned off Airplane mode. Hope that helps!

Voicemail messages won't delete on 7.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.