Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to use internet explorer on mac

Please show me how to use internet explorer on macbookpro

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 6:56 AM

There has not been a version of Internet Explorer for the Mac for a decade. Unless you are also running Windows you are spared from that disaster! 😉

29 replies

Oct 16, 2013 11:23 PM in response to Klaus1

I'm trying to fill out an online form that specifically states: "you must use Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE), version 7.0 or higher." I have tried almost every browser that is mac-compatible (Safari, Firefox, Chrome) and none will display the form. Is there any other alternative to IE on mac? Or do I just need to find a PC? 😟

Oct 16, 2013 11:45 PM in response to mitrahoo

If you cannot fill out a form, usually other settings (security or privacy settings, in most cases for cookies and Java) are interfering. Do you trust the site, that displays the form?

• Then try to change your security and privacy settings in Safari temporarily in the Safari Preferences panels - allow cookies to be set, enable Java, disable the pop-up blocker.
  • If you do not trust that site, contact the sites owner and point out the problem and ask for an alternate way to send the information.

Oct 17, 2013 6:21 AM in response to FranMush

It's a long shot, but if you're just not getting in the front door, you might be able to trick the site into thinking you are using IE. You won't actually be using IE, but the site may see IE in the User Agent string you present and let you in to work on that form.

First go to Safari Preferences>Advanced and check the box to show the Develop menu.

User uploaded file

Next open the Develop menu and go to User Agent and choose IE. Should probably use the latest, 9.0. Don't forget to set it back to the default when finished with that form--if it works.

User uploaded file

Oct 17, 2013 6:48 AM in response to mitrahoo

If the form requires ActiveX to function, then the only browser that will work is Internet Explorer. And that doesn't include the old Mac version, which didn't have ActiveX.

Any and all web masters who still build sites which require ActiveX to work should be fired yesterday. The web is supposed to work on any platform, on any browser; not IE only.

Mar 18, 2014 2:42 PM in response to FranMush

Well there is an easy way to use the latest versions of IE on mac without installing windows or a virtual machine. Install the latest versions of crossover for mac. I have been successfully using crossover for years now and it runs some of the windows programs very smoothly without windows, e.g, IE, Microsoft Visio 2007, Microsoft Project 2007 etc... and also a lot of windows games.

Apr 9, 2014 2:47 PM in response to Susan P 617

I am using OSX 10.9.2 and the latest version of crossover works excellently. I hope you know that you don't download an app and use it with crossover. The best way to do it is to install the app through cross ties avaolable on their web site.

http://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover-mac/

If you don't know what a cross tie is, then you have to goole a little bit. There are some software like Internet Explorer that Crossover downloads and installs itself, that way it works fine. If you tell me exactly what you are trying to install, I might be able to help, step by step.

how to use internet explorer on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.