Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music on iPhone keeps pausing by itself

My music keeps pausing by itself! The volume bar is still there but it justs keeps pausing over and over again. On about the 3rd time it pauses i have to take the headphones out and put them back in to get the volume bar back and then it goes right back to what it was doing. Please dont comment to restore the phone, or try new headphones i've tried both. Some people were telling me that a file needs to be deleted to stop this and the only way to do that is to jailbreak the iphone, but there is no jailbreak with iOS7. if you have ANY suggestions beside restore, PLEASE HELP.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 3:19 PM

40 replies

May 9, 2017 10:31 AM in response to twonlarone

Any problems with the headphones always check that the headphone Jack sits flush with the phone. My music on Spotify kept pausing but I noticed the Headphone Jack was not flush with the bottom of the phone so the phone thinks I keep removing the headphones while walking around, which is why it was pausing and restarting every now and again.

A careful (very careful!) dig around with a small paperclip/needle in the whole where the headphones connect and you will find that a load of fluff has built up over time and upon removing allows the headphone jack to sit flush with the phone. No more random pausing!!!

Dec 11, 2017 2:57 AM in response to twonlarone

There may be dirt or water in the headphone jack, when youre using your headphones is would usually work but if there is some stuff in there, itll block your music. you might see that on your lock screen the part where it shows you what your listening on like "this i phone" or "headphones" or whatever, youll see that when it pauses itll go from headphones to i phone, but when you press play again itll go back to headphones. You can fix this by going to your local electronics store and ask them to blow the headphone jack with compressed air, thats how i fixed my phone, it literally takes 20 seconds, or if you have one at home i guess you can do that too. Hope this helped

Dec 21, 2017 2:58 PM in response to twonlarone

I have a 6s and it’s two weeks old my phones been doing it today it was updated last night I hope the glitch is sorted otherwise I’ll be going back to Samsung as I have had iPhone for the past five years with no problems now I have had this happen when I listen to my music a lot it doesn’t help matters.

Jan 10, 2018 9:44 AM in response to twonlarone

I did notice since I had a prepaid giftcard in my case hidden and that made it skip so mostly for people who use the pockets on the back of their phones for cards this can interfere with your phone such as your music.... I understand this won’t work with everyone sometimes it’s a bug that goes further to assistance but this is what I found out from experience... hope this was helpful for some

Nov 16, 2013 12:29 PM in response to twonlarone

I have a problem with this on my Iphone 5s, Ios 7. What worked for me is to double click the home button, and close down all other apps that are open, such as email or text messages. I have no explanation why this works, I assume that perhaps when email or other apps refreshes itself, the music gets interrupted.

Of course this shouldn't happen. Still haven't figured out exactly which app is causing this.

Dec 28, 2013 5:57 PM in response to twonlarone

After much effort, looks like I found the culprits!!!

Looking at the diagnostic log, everytime the music player pauses by itself is when one of the background processes for 2 apps also seems to be crashing. Looks more than a coincidence.

The two apps are:

1. GV Phone by Mo+

2. GV Phone Plus by Mo+

The two processes in question are:

1. com.moplus.monkey

2. com.moplus.monkey.gv

I found this out through the diagnostic log. I am not a techie, but seems to be correct.

Don't know why this happens, but I have uninstalled both and now no more pausing!!!

I have emailed the developer with this issue, and hopefully they can resolve it on their next updates.

For those out there that has "pausing" problem, look at your logs and let me know!! Look for the exact date and time (to the second) of the apps that are crashing; should be coinciding with your pausing to the second!

May 13, 2014 6:28 AM in response to twonlarone

Im going to have to agree with pasadenaMAC. I noticed this happening in my car via bluetooth just recentlly. It happens when I use my headphones and when im streaming via airplay. It happens when I use any player such as Youtube, Pandora, Apple music palyer. Ironically I just installed MO+ right before i noticed all these things happening. When i kill the process in the background...The problem goes away. Ive been able to replice the same problem on my ipad.

Music on iPhone keeps pausing by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.