Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPad keeps connecting and disconnecting from the new late 2013 iMac

Hi there,

I've recently bought a new late 2013 iMac and ever since then I'm not able to connect my iPad 2 to it. When I do connect it keeps connecting and disconnecting again and again for some reason. The cable is fine and I've tried it with other devices. Just wondered why this is and whether you guys can help me out.

Thanks a lot!

CitizenJohnny

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 2:18 PM

55 replies

Mar 16, 2014 7:08 AM in response to CitizenJohnny

Hi,

I had the same problem and just found a solution. I tryed restoring all content and settings on the iPad (Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings). It took lots of time, however it didn´t work because when I connected the iPad and iMac the problem persisted.

Then I thought it wasn´t an iPad problem but iMac OSX problem. So I searched the web for "Reinstall Mavericks" and found this http://support.apple.com/kb/PH13871?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US.

It also takes like 6 hours with my internet speed. Next day I connected the iPad and everything is just fine.

I described both processes because I don´t know if in the end the iPad reset helped in the solution.

Hope that helps! good luck

Mar 16, 2014 11:28 AM in response to Bengaul

Yes indeed, but it is not difficult at all and I didn't lose any information or applications. Next day (today) I'm working in my iMac just the same as yesterday, I didnt have to re-install any applications or configurations.

In addition it is good news because it is not a hardware problem, but software. If someone find a way to reinstall the controller that is used when an iPad is plugged-in, I'm sure he's going to solve the problem. I took "the long way" because when I searched the web for controllers or drivers (as in windows) and I didn't find anything related, so I don't know how it works in OSX.

Hope you can solve it!

GL

Why does my iPad keeps connecting and disconnecting from the new late 2013 iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.