Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.9 (Mavericks) External Display Problem

Recently I made the upgrade to OS X 10.9 and now I start to having problems with the resolution of my sceen. I have a LG Flatron E2250V and it work perfectly in OS X 10.8.3, the recomend resolution for this display is 1920x1084 but right now the system only give me 1600x1200 option, thereby is in a wrong frecuency for my screen.

About 3 month ago I try to upgrade the sistem to OS X 10.8.4 and I had the same problem.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 5:41 AM

181 replies

Oct 24, 2013 3:55 AM in response to vkook

Using my 30€ !! APPLE macbook DVI adaptator for nothing.

Why Apple always do the same stupids things every update ?

I was fighting with this error a lot before, in mountain lion was fixed,

now the issue is here again.

How long do we wait to fix this ? ... really serious fail here.

Really frustrated.

Oct 25, 2013 4:58 PM in response to solrac139

From all the things that could go wrong I never expected this was going to be one fo them!

Even my third DisplayLink USB monitor is up and running, yeah with terrible performance but I can live with that I guess.

My monitor is connected via DIsplayLink to VGA adapter, 1920x1080 is selectable with ALT menu but the screen has an horizontal offset and the image quality is very bad. Auto Adjunsting the image via the Monitor settings doesnt doesn't seem to solve this.

😕

10.9 (Mavericks) External Display Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.