Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I sync contacts and my calendar from my iPhone to my mac?

As I updated to OS X Mavericks I have trouble syncing my contacts and my caledar with my mac... It is frustrating as I have a lot of contacts and events on my iPhone but none on my mac..

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 12:17 PM

It doesn't seem like that's an option any longer (as of now). Your best bet is using iCloud through the website www.icloud.com. Make sure to turn on Contact and Calendar through iCloud on your iPhone, then it should appear on your computer screen. Then, turn on Contacts/Calendar through iCloud with System Preferences, and your data should be on your computer.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2013 12:17 PM in response to hpasovic

It doesn't seem like that's an option any longer (as of now). Your best bet is using iCloud through the website www.icloud.com. Make sure to turn on Contact and Calendar through iCloud on your iPhone, then it should appear on your computer screen. Then, turn on Contacts/Calendar through iCloud with System Preferences, and your data should be on your computer.

Nov 19, 2013 9:50 PM in response to shoot_me

"Lengthy" is the key word to note. Currently about 75 pages, and the contents do exhaustively list some explanations and solutions, mixed with an understandable amount of frustration and anger.

The short version is that Calendar and Contacts no longer sync when using the USB cable. Apple recommends using iCloud to facilitate syncing those particular items. The cause - there is a core OSsyncing component that was removed in Mavericks, well known and not a surprise to developers, not clearly shared with the user base.

For the many who need a solution other than the recommended iCloud (or any cloud) functionality, the primary options are backing down the OS from Mavericks to Mountain Lion, or to set up your own server to sync contacts and calendars, either as a separate CPU or by installing the server components onto your Mavericks machine. The revert to Mountain Lion gives USB sync back, while the Server solution moves the sync back to Local instead of Cloud, but does require WiFi or Lan instead of USB.

greg

Mar 6, 2014 10:15 AM in response to hpasovic

I had the sameproblem, but then I discovered that I can be "another user" and switched my first and last names around..PRONTO! I could log in with my old system and bypass the Mavericks (which wiped out my contacts, my music library, and pretty much everything I liked in my old setting!) forget Mavericks; it was not worth "upgrading", if the so-called upgrade messes up everything! In order to save my files and everything I do on this, I have to first transfer it to my Passport HD, then move it to my regular desktop (Mt Lion). Inconvenient, bothersome, awkward; NOT what I want in a Mac ! Ditch Mavericks and stay with the previous OS, at least until they figure out all the bugs in it!

How can I sync contacts and my calendar from my iPhone to my mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.