Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

List of deleted features in Keynote '13

Compiling a master list - please add yours.

Aperture photos no longer appear in Media Library

Format bar is gone

Perspective animation is missing

Links to Numbers file no longer work

Presenter Display options are missing : https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5470350?tstart=0

Quicktime export no longer skips skipped slides or allows manual advance

Links to other slideshows no longer work

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 12:06 PM

213 replies

Oct 24, 2013 11:14 AM in response to Derick Fay

Guys,

Relax and breathe. Realize KN6 is built for iOS 7 and nothing more. Serious presenters will stick with 5.3 and that's it. End of story. Apple clearly has no interest in serious presenting any more above middle school-style presentations.

Sad but true.

Going from Snow Leopard to Lion broke so many of my Keynote and colleague's KN pressies, I have one laptop dedicated to just KN with SL OS and many others do too. Versioning was one thing that broke KN.

Just don't upgrade.

Oct 23, 2013 2:28 PM in response to Derick Fay

The transitions are still there; they're just not enabled.

Since the removal of the option to restore old transitions in the Keynote menu, they remain inaccessible.

To prove theyr'e still there - select the new Keynote app, right click, then select 'Show package contents'.

Navigate to 'Contents' -> 'Resources'; all the old Transitions are there under 'KNTransition' including my old favourite 'Color Planes' that has now disappeared too.

Someone just need to work out how to reactivate them...

The Presenter Display still works for me if enabled in preferences. The Presenter Preferences have now moved to the Presenter Display (they're the second icon in with the 3 square boxes) - select this icon to show what to show or hide.

Oct 24, 2013 12:27 AM in response to Derick Fay

Customize Toolbar is gone. Why?

Mine old toolbar was full of uesful one click icons with all the tools I use on a daily base.

Please, Apple, put it back! I don't want the Inspector open at all times.

I used to have all Inspector windows open on my second screen in the previous version, just to have maximum free working space. Can't do that now.

I do like the Preview mode for effects. I am not completly comfortable with the new Inspector, but I guess I will be after a while. Seems to me there are some odd behaviour in it, popup windows, scroll lists and so on.

Oct 24, 2013 8:00 AM in response to Derick Fay

Drag and Drop is gone!

Try to drag a pdf image into a Keynote 6 slide. It doesn't work.

It used to work, and it defintely SHOULD work. Dragging an image into a slide has a well defined and unique desired outcome. This is a major step backwards.

Worse yet, I can't drag the pdf back out. The inspector will show a "pasted" image, but it won't allow me to drag the icon onto another app.

List of deleted features in Keynote '13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.