Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand help appears in foreign languages

Anyone else seeing this?

The first time I tried it, Help was in Spanish. The second time it was in French. The only language I have set in system prefs at the moment is English, which seems to be the one language I don't get.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), 2.6G i7

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 6:49 PM

16 replies

Nov 3, 2013 2:48 AM in response to Falcon413

Tom, I had to reboot the Mac each time I changed the language to a language that I had not used before. Force-quitting the Finder or log out did not suffice. Reboot seems to be necessary, to enable all apps to use the additionally downloaded language support.

After rebooting at least once for each language that I like to use, the changes were visible in the Help center.

User uploaded file

Jan 12, 2014 9:02 AM in response to Eli Sherer

Does anyone know if reinstalling with also reinstall the purchased "additional" instruments that I bought before I realized that I too was seeing Help in a different language? I cannot locate the purchased instruments in The App Store (they were done from inside GarageBand itself.

The additional content is not installed inside the application.

It is installed in the Library

• /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/
  • /Library/Application Support/GarageBand/

Installing and reinstalling the application should not remove the instruments and loops already installed by the in-app purchase.

But you can reinstall the in-app purchase afterwards by using the "GarageBand" menu item "Restore Purchase".

Expanding GarageBand for Mac (v10.0) content with an in-app purchase

GarageBand help appears in foreign languages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.