Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to use iDVD with Maverick why?

Why can't I use iDVD I also noticed Apple did not update this app with the other iLife/iWork apps. If unable to work how do I burn my iMovies?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 8gb ram 2.4 intel duo core 250gbhd

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 8:10 PM

3 replies

Oct 24, 2013 1:04 PM in response to PokemonFan1987

Bengt Wärleby's post in this topic should shed some light on potential causes: Multiplexing Error: Apple Support Communities

Also follow this workflow to help assure the best qualty video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

OT

unable to use iDVD with Maverick why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.