Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smooth scrolling not working in calendar

I thought one of the new features was smooth scrolling from the Month view of the calendar. I can scroll everywhere else in OS X but it doesn't work from the month view.

Anyone else confirm that I should be able to scroll in the month view? Any thoughts on why I can't?

15" Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, Mac OS X (10.6), March 2009 unibody version

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 10:35 AM

After a little more testing the scrolling works from the trackpad but not from my Logitech wireless mouse. Even though it scrolls everywhere else within OS X.

25 replies

Oct 25, 2013 6:22 AM in response to aholtz

I've logged in and back out and rebooted. Also uninstalled the Logitech Control Center software. Tried several different mice (both wired and wireless) and none of them will scroll. But the trackpad works!

Hopefully that bug report will get some attention especially since they touted it as a great new feature of Calendar.

Dec 30, 2013 7:49 AM in response to aholtz

I encountered this problem today and it seemed to be stemming from a bug with the multiple desktops I'd created. I solved the scrolling problem by deleting the desktop I had iCal isolated on. Once iCal was scrolling again, I closed the application, made a new desktop, re-opened iCal, and it's now scrolling again.

Dec 31, 2013 12:36 AM in response to tishonw

tishonw wrote:

I encountered this problem today and it seemed to be stemming from a bug with the multiple desktops I'd created. I solved the scrolling problem by deleting the desktop I had iCal isolated on. Once iCal was scrolling again, I closed the application, made a new desktop, re-opened iCal, and it's now scrolling again.

What exactly do you mean? Did you go into Mission Control and delete the screen that Ical was currently open in? That just moves Ical to the next screen (or desktop as you called it.) It doesn't solve the problem of not being able to scroll through Ical with your mouse (trackpad works but not the mouse.)

Smooth scrolling not working in calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.