Previous 1 2 3 Next 125 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2014 7:30 AM by rogerfrombangkok Branched to a new discussion.
Meowcat Level 1 Level 1

Anyone else having iTunes / iTunes Store issues since Mavericks update?

iTunes 11.1.2

Mavericks (upgraded not clean install)

Symptoms:

- iTunes freezes / hangs / "not responding"

- Unable to sync, download anything, browse store, etc.

- When iTunes does work it is extremely slow. 

- Spinning beachball

- Unresponsive

- Can't switch to app

Troubleshooting:

- Rebooted

- Tried in safe mode

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9)
  • petvas Level 2 Level 2

Have you upgraded to the latest version?

iTunes 11.1.2 is available for download.

• Meowcat Level 1 Level 1

Yes, I'm already running 11.1.2.  Latest version.  Thanks.

• Shanshan34 Level 1 Level 1

Yeah, I have same problems.

iTunes does not sync with my iPhone, plus everything became very slow, also had problems with music on my phone (yesterday everything but direct iTunes purchase got erased out of blue). other programs too seem to be running very slowly compared to before.

• Jayseph Level 1 Level 1

Yep. Same problems. And it is getting very annoying. Very slow, almost non-responsive iTunes. And it looks like iTunes erased all of my media on my iPad and now it won't put it back. . .

• Dj Kid Karisma Level 1 Level 1

...Reinstalled iTunes... Didnt work.

...Ran Disk Utility to fix Permissions.... Didnt Work.

Im outta sugestions as well... Its a headache.

• DTurman Level 1 Level 1

Mine was running just fine until I updated to 11.1.2 . I can get iTunes to recognize my iPhone but it won't let me do anything . Not sign in, click anything, , back up my storage or download my music . Talking about frustration.

• jkoff Level 1 Level 1

I'm having this issue as well.  iTunes hangs when doing just about anything.  I'm using a Macbook Pro and updated to Mavericks and iTunes 11.1.2.

Okay well I finally got into mine... I let it sit overnight, literally 8 hours long with the color wheel spinning and it saying Not Responding, woke up this morning and its fine, literally working without a hiccup. Not gonna close it down just yet to see if it will start back up without an issue, but when I do I will let yall know.

• jkoff Level 1 Level 1

I have let it sit and the wheel stopped after about 10 minutes or so.  Then it will work fine for a bit, allowing me to play music and look at other files, and then stick again for another 10 minutes when I'm switching between playlists, folders, etc.

I just added 2.2 gb of music into mine (Use it to organize my Dj music). It gave me no issues, no hangups, no freeze issues....Yet. I was able to put the music into various smart playlists without issue. Now I am gonna close it out to save the playlists and try to reopen and see what happens.

Okay I closed iTunes out, and reopened it. It saved my previous work, and is not frozen so atleast on my end I think its fixed. Try running fix permissions in disk utility and then open itunes and let it sit and see if that works for you too guys 

• Travel_guy Level 1 Level 1

I am also having problems with itunes , it won't connect to the itunes store, i loged out , and now it won't let me log back in.

• fraggle-apple Level 1 Level 1

Same problem overhere, keeps hanging and in the activity monitor it says not responding, taking 100% CPU. Stops after 10 seconds. Then it starts again as soon as I want to delete or make changes to a music file.

• donsolo23 Level 1 Level 1

Same crap! Takes forever to load. Once it has it allows you to do nothing and beach balls for a small eternity! Tried many different "remedies" and nada.

Previous 1 2 3 Next