Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best iPad Air / iPad 5 Case?

Anybody starting their search for an iPad Air case? Think Otterbox will create a case for this?

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 3:48 PM

Best case? Wow that depends on so many things. Do you want it waterproof? Shockproof? Are you fashion conscious? What's your favorite color? Etc. etc.

Otterbox is coming out with them:

http://www.otterbox.com/ipad-mini-cases/ipad-mini-cases,default,pg.html

33 replies

Oct 24, 2013 3:54 PM in response to jhaw

Look at the LifeProof cases. I use my iPad and iPhone riding a motorcycle in rain, dust, wind, everything. Not a single issue.

I'm a huge fan of LifeProof. And they're customer services is Apple-worthy. I posted a complaint on a really minor issue on their Facebook page on a Sunday. Within an hour, I got a private message asking for my name and address, and they sent out a new part the next day.

I've ridden through some wicked stuff and nothing has happened to either device.

Nov 12, 2013 1:31 PM in response to jhaw

Not the most attractive, but they are great for gripping if you game a lot, or take the ipad around for music technology, as a recorder/poratable studio, synth etc...

http://www.gumdropcases.com/droptech-ipad-5-case.html

The one i have on my ipad 2 is still going strong, has Microban to keep germs away, and as well as covering all ports, has a built in replaceable screen protector.

I prefer them over the Otterbox cases I have used in the past to be honest. The Otterbox for my Galaxy s3 stretched out and is no good 😟 although the one for my HTC was very nice.

Try the Gumdrop I highly recommend them, spesh if your the outdoor type, they look rugged and are really comfy to hold.

Nov 19, 2013 6:46 PM in response to jhaw

That looks like a strong case, nice find, I do like my cases to cover all ports though, the Gumdrop one has mesh over the speakers to keep the dust out, think Otterbox do that too ?

I really like the look of Apples own Smart case, but am worried it will damage from rub, I know the smart covers have this problem, or used to anyway.

Anybody able to reposrt on how the Smart covers perform in regards to internal rub on the metal ? I guess it maybe to early to tell ?

Dec 15, 2013 10:30 AM in response to jhaw

Be careful with the Bear Motion cases. I orderd the "Premium Folio case with stand for Apple iPad Air" from Amazon and the edges hung over the sides of the iPad. It looked pretty bad and the top also wouldn't stay in place. Thankfully Amazon has a fantastic FREE return policy so back it went. I also bought from Best Buy the official ipad air case in blue leather, ($79+tax) but it also had a bad fit and appeared to sag in the middle, so I took it back and exchanged it for the smart cover, which fits perfectly. I also have on order from Amazon the "KNOMO London" Ipad Air leather case in Black with a blue interior ($75.99 a $5 savings) . It looks great from the pic's and is worth checking out at www.knomobags.com Grove, @ www.grovemade.com has a unique wooden case that I would love to get, unfortunatly it has a 4 week wait, not sure if thats because its hand made and they are made to order, or if its just super popular.

Best iPad Air / iPad 5 Case?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.