Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exchange in Mail.app

Hi,

After updating to Mavericks, impossible to send emails with attachments using my exchange account in Mail.app. No matter the attachment size

Anyone with the same issue that managed to solve it?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), fresh mavericks update

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 1:10 AM

39 replies

Oct 25, 2013 7:35 AM in response to adryen

update = >

1. Deleted exchange account, re-installed it.. took some time to hook onto the server but finally made it

2. Launched mail.app. (actually several times).. I can now receive and send emails (with attachment as well) but all the folders copieds from the server are empty eventhough there are mails in them when checking on the server...

3. I had to launch and quit the app several times to get a hold on the server

getting there....

if similar cases, please comment

Oct 25, 2013 3:39 PM in response to adryen

Yep I have a lot of issues with mavericks, exchange, and mail. Some go away if I click on use auto discovery for exchange server some don't. I can't send attachments at all. I think I recall a couple working once (I did the last 3 betas) but not sure. From time to time I just can't send at all or it takes multiple tries. Also the delay compared to outlook has gotten worse in mavericks as far as how long it takes new messages to show.

Oct 30, 2013 2:54 AM in response to adryen

Some updates on my experience.

Just met with our IT company guy yersterday... bought an Outlook licence and had to give up on using mail.app with exchange and most probably calendar as well in the coming days in order to swipe any exchange accounts from the mac system preferences.

According to my IT guy, Exchange 2013 may be working fine with Mail.app. However, I have no confirmation on that.

Anyone can confirm that?

cheers

Adryen

Oct 30, 2013 2:31 PM in response to MowatW

Yeah you ae ok I would see them work some time and could not figure out why but yoiu are right anything below 200K seems to work. How annoying. I tried on a clean system and same thing so it is not crud from my upgrade... Uggg. Worst part for me is I am having some issues with outlook too so I am using webmail which *****

Nov 1, 2013 9:27 AM in response to adryen

Same here.... Beta's were ok as far as I can remember but since upgrading to public release the mail+attachments bounces back. If I sent it agin through the bounce window, it does go through. SOmetimes recipients get the email twice though.

I tried deleting the Exchange account, turning off Auto-discover etc, but no success so far.

Hopefully this will be fixed in the rumored Mail update.

Exchange in Mail.app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.